JSP Remote debugging from Jdev to WL 7.0 - Weblogic

This is a discussion on JSP Remote debugging from Jdev to WL 7.0 - Weblogic ; I am trying to remote debug my JSP deployed on WL from Jdeveloper 903. I have included the parameters to make WL start in a debug mode. I have also included ojsp.jar, servlet.jar and ojc.jar in WL classpath. So I ...

  1. JSP Remote debugging from Jdev to WL 7.0

    I am trying to remote debug my JSP deployed on WL from Jdeveloper 903. I have included
    the parameters to make WL start in a debug mode. I have also included ojsp.jar,
    servlet.jar and ojc.jar in WL classpath. So I can start WL in debug mode, I can
    launch the url to get access to my JSP, a break point is included in the code
    but it doesn't stop at the break point. I am using JPDA. Do I have to modify something
    else to be able to remote debug my JSP?

    PS: remote debugging my EJB works fine. Thanks for your help

  2. Re: JSP Remote debugging from Jdev to WL 7.0

    As far as I know this is behaving correctly.

    To debug a JSP via JDPA you have to compile your JSPs and put the Servlet classes
    the JSP compiler spits out in your IDE Classpath. Then you can debug those Servlets
    -- but you can't set break points in the JSP itself. Not the best.

    Some IDE Vendors add this on top of JDPA etc.

    I'm not 100% on this, but think I'm correct.

    Mike

    "Magali Richard" wrote:

    >I am trying to remote debug my JSP deployed on WL from Jdeveloper 903.
    >I have included
    >the parameters to make WL start in a debug mode. I have also included
    >ojsp.jar,
    >servlet.jar and ojc.jar in WL classpath. So I can start WL in debug mode,
    >I can
    >launch the url to get access to my JSP, a break point is included in
    >the code
    >but it doesn't stop at the break point. I am using JPDA. Do I have to
    >modify something
    >else to be able to remote debug my JSP?
    >
    >PS: remote debugging my EJB works fine. Thanks for your help

+ Reply to Thread