connection reset by peer - Weblogic

This is a discussion on connection reset by peer - Weblogic ; Hi, This question has been asked by many people but I never found satisfactory answer. Let me try to post it again. The server log get the "Connection reset by peer" error message from time to time. But the web ...

  1. connection reset by peer

    Hi,

    This question has been asked by many people but I never found
    satisfactory answer. Let me try to post it again.

    The server log get the "Connection reset by peer" error message from
    time to time. But the web application seems to work fine. Why? It is
    really annoying and we hope to get rid of it.

    In this case, the full error message looks like

    weblogic.utils.NestedRuntimeException: Cannot parse POST parameters of
    request: '/blah/blah.jsp' - with nested exception:
    [java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in
    socket input stream read]

    We are not using clustering.

    Many thanks,
    Xiao Ma

  2. Re: connection reset by peer

    Xiao Ma wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > This question has been asked by many people but I never found
    > satisfactory answer. Let me try to post it again.
    >
    > The server log get the "Connection reset by peer" error message from
    > time to time. But the web application seems to work fine. Why? It is
    > really annoying and we hope to get rid of it.
    >
    > In this case, the full error message looks like
    >
    > weblogic.utils.NestedRuntimeException: Cannot parse POST parameters of
    > request: '/blah/blah.jsp' - with nested exception:
    > [java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in
    > socket input stream read]

    This error probably happened because of an incomplete post. i.e the
    client aborted the connection before sending the entire post request.

    If you are seeing a lot of these then its possible that the client is
    not sending the no of bytes specified by the content-length header which
    i think is rare. SO i think this is mostly due to a refresh or a stop
    from the client browser.

    --Nagesh

    > We are not using clustering.
    >
    > Many thanks,