trying to call a data bean from jsp - Weblogic

This is a discussion on trying to call a data bean from jsp - Weblogic ; I get the following error: C:\bea\user_projects\infologic1\.\myserver\.wlnotd elete\extract\myserver_BibleApp_BibleApp\jsp_servl et\__menu.java:146: cannot resolve symbol probably occurred due to an error in /menu.jsp line 27: Enumeration.categoryIds = categories.keys(); code: menu.jsp ---------- String base = (String) application.getAttribute("base"); %> category Hashtable categories = DbBean.getCategories(); Enumeration.categoryIds = ...

  1. trying to call a data bean from jsp

    I get the following error:

    C:\bea\user_projects\infologic1\.\myserver\.wlnotd elete\extract\myserver_BibleApp_BibleApp\jsp_servl et\__menu.java:146:
    cannot resolve symbol
    probably occurred due to an error in /menu.jsp line 27:
    Enumeration.categoryIds = categories.keys();

    code:

    menu.jsp
    ----------
    <%@page import="java.util.*"%>

    <%
    String base = (String) application.getAttribute("base");
    %>

    <%
    Hashtable categories = DbBean.getCategories();
    Enumeration.categoryIds = categories.keys();
    while (categoryIds.hasMoreElements()) {
    Object categoryId = categoryIds.nextElement();
    out.println(" + categoryId.toString() + ">" + categories.get(categoryId) + "
    ");
    }

    %>

    web.xml

    ControllerServlet
    ControllerServlet

    base
    http://localhost:7001/BibleApp/

    imageURL
    http://localhost:7001/BibleApp/

    dbURL
    jdbc:weblogic:mssqlserver4:users@COMPAQSERVER

    usernameDbConn
    dinesh

    passwordDbConn
    passs

    DbBean.class

    package showMeItNow;

    import java.util.*;
    import java.sql.*;
    import showMeItNow.Poll;

    public class DbBean {
    public String dbUrl="";
    public String dbUserName="";
    public String dbPassword="";

    public void setDbUrl(String url) {
    dbUrl=url;
    }

    public void setDbUserName(String userName) {
    dbUserName=userName;
    }

    public void setDbPassword(String password) {
    dbPassword=password;
    }

    public Hashtable getCategories() {
    Hashtable categories = new Hashtable();
    try
    {
    Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl, dbUserName,
    dbPassword);

    CallableStatement cstmt = connection.prepareCall("{? = call dbo.categoryListing()}");
    //register the stored procedure's output paramater!!!
    cstmt.registerOutParameter(1, java.sql.Types.VARCHAR);
    cstmt.registerOutParameter(2, java.sql.Types.VARCHAR);
    ResultSet rs = cstmt.executeQuery();
    while (rs.next()) {
    categories.put(rs.getString(1), rs.getString(2) );
    }
    rs.close();
    cstmt.close();
    connection.close();
    }
    catch (SQLException e) { }
    return categories;
    }

    }

  2. Re: trying to call a data bean from jsp

    You might want to look at whether there is any data being fetched from
    the DB. Use some System.out.println()'s in the code where you fetch the
    data from the stored proc.
    Another way might be to comment out the database code, add some dummy
    values into the hastable and make sure that the page comes up as you
    expect.. and then go ahead with the database thingy..

    --
    Nagesh

    dinesh wrote:
    > Thanks, the page is loading up. But, it is just blank. It is not displaying the
    > hastable data. Any ideas?
    >
    > thanks again,
    > Dinesh
    >
    > Nagesh Susarla wrote:
    >
    >>>Enumeration.categoryIds = categories.keys();

    >>try replacing the dot '.' with a space and it should be all fine ..
    >>maybe a typo.
    >>
    >>Enumeration categoryIds = categories.keys();
    >>
    >>--
    >>Nagesh
    >>

    >>dinesh prasad wrote:
    >>
    >>>I get the following error:
    >>>
    >>>C:\bea\user_projects\infologic1\.\myserver\.wlnotd elete\extract\myserver_BibleApp_BibleApp\jsp_servl et\__menu.java:146:
    >>>cannot resolve symbol
    >>>probably occurred due to an error in /menu.jsp line 27:
    >>>Enumeration.categoryIds = categories.keys();
    >>>

    >>>code:
    >>>
    >>>menu.jsp
    >>>----------
    >>><%@page import="java.util.*"%>
    >>>

    >>><%
    >>> String base = (String) application.getAttribute("base");
    >>> %>

  3. category

    >>> <%
    >>> Hashtable categories = DbBean.getCategories();
    >>> Enumeration.categoryIds = categories.keys();
    >>> while (categoryIds.hasMoreElements()) {
    >>> Object categoryId = categoryIds.nextElement();
    >>> out.println(" >>>+ categoryId.toString() + ">" + categories.get(categoryId) + "
    ");
    >>>}
    >>>
    >>> %>
    >>>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>>
    >>>web.xml
    >>>

    >>2.3//EN"
    >>
    >>>"http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">
    >>>

    >>> ControllerServlet
    >>> ControllerServlet
    >>>

    >>> base
    >>> http://localhost:7001/BibleApp/
    >>>

    >>> imageURL
    >>> http://localhost:7001/BibleApp/
    >>>

    >>> dbURL
    >>> jdbc:weblogic:mssqlserver4:users@COMPAQSERVER

    >>> usernameDbConn
    >>> dinesh
    >>>

    >>> passwordDbConn
    >>> passs
    >>>

    >>>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>>DbBean.class
    >>>
    >>>package showMeItNow;
    >>>
    >>>import java.util.*;
    >>>import java.sql.*;
    >>>import showMeItNow.Poll;
    >>>
    >>>public class DbBean {
    >>> public String dbUrl="";
    >>> public String dbUserName="";
    >>> public String dbPassword="";
    >>>
    >>> public void setDbUrl(String url) {
    >>> dbUrl=url;
    >>> }
    >>>
    >>> public void setDbUserName(String userName) {
    >>> dbUserName=userName;
    >>> }
    >>>
    >>> public void setDbPassword(String password) {
    >>> dbPassword=password;
    >>> }
    >>>
    >>> public Hashtable getCategories() {
    >>> Hashtable categories = new Hashtable();
    >>> try
    >>> {
    >>> Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl,

    >>dbUserName,
    >>
    >>>dbPassword);
    >>>
    >>> CallableStatement cstmt = connection.prepareCall("{?

    >>= call dbo.categoryListing()}");
    >>
    >>> //register the stored procedure's output paramater!!!
    >>> cstmt.registerOutParameter(1, java.sql.Types.VARCHAR);
    >>> cstmt.registerOutParameter(2, java.sql.Types.VARCHAR);
    >>> ResultSet rs = cstmt.executeQuery();
    >>> while (rs.next()) {
    >>> categories.put(rs.getString(1), rs.getString(2) );
    >>> }
    >>> rs.close();
    >>> cstmt.close();
    >>> connection.close();