Re: When is jspDestroy launched? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Re: When is jspDestroy launched? - Weblogic ; Thanks for your reply. Anyway, I still have one doubt. If the client's system shutdowns, will be onunload event fired? I think it won't, and I need to have all possibilities under control. What do you think? "SIPtech Community" wrote: ...

  1. Re: When is jspDestroy launched?

    "SIPtech Community" wrote:

    >"Ignacio Sanchez" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm interested on using jspDestroy() method as a way to know when
    >>is unloaded
    >>a jsp page. I don't want to use javascript events, as I even wanna use
    >>it for
    >>client's machine unexpected shutdowns. Can I use jspDestroy for that?
    >>

    >> I don't wanna use session either, as I need to be automatically

    >notified
    >>about
    >>that shutdown, but I need a long session timeout.
    >>
    >> Could I use jspDestroy for my purposes? I would have many clients
    >>connected,
    >>executing same jsp page. So, Could I use it even in this case, for every
    >>client?
    >>
    >>Thanks

    >Hi Sanchez,
    >
    >No jspDestroy is not useful..if you are trying to do that to invalidate
    >some references..like
    >JDBC connection pools,Sockets or other physical resources consider this.
    >Try to put onunload event in the body tag and call another jsp..before
    >that, while
    > that instance, which will be the same, and do as you want!
    >Just check this url http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp...essage=1707899
    >which discuss on the same topic.
    >
    >regards,
    >
    >Ashok.

  2. Re: When is jspDestroy launched?

    From: "SIPtech Community"
    Sender: "SIPtech Community"
    Subject: Re: When is jspDestroy launched?
    Newsgroups: weblogic.developer.interest.jsp
    Date: 14 Jul 2003 04:13:31 -0700

    "Ignacio Sanchez" wrote:

    >Thanks for your reply.
    >
    > Anyway, I still have one doubt. If the client's system shutdowns, will
    >be onunload
    >event fired? I think it won't, and I need to have all possibilities under
    >control.
    >What do you think?
    >
    >"SIPtech Community" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Ignacio Sanchez" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I'm interested on using jspDestroy() method as a way to know when
    >>>is unloaded
    >>>a jsp page. I don't want to use javascript events, as I even wanna

    >use
    >>>it for
    >>>client's machine unexpected shutdowns. Can I use jspDestroy for that?
    >>>

    >>> I don't wanna use session either, as I need to be automatically

    >>notified
    >>>about
    >>>that shutdown, but I need a long session timeout.
    >>>
    >>> Could I use jspDestroy for my purposes? I would have many clients
    >>>connected,
    >>>executing same jsp page. So, Could I use it even in this case, for

    >every
    >>>client?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks

    >>Hi Sanchez,
    >>
    >>No jspDestroy is not useful..if you are trying to do that to invalidate
    >>some references..like
    >>JDBC connection pools,Sockets or other physical resources consider this.
    >>Try to put onunload event in the body tag and call another jsp..before
    >>that, while
    >> that instance, which will be the same, and do as you want!
    >>Just check this url http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp...essage=1707899
    >>which discuss on the same topic.
    >>
    >>regards,
    >>
    >>Ashok.

    Hi Sanchez,
    U can call a function onCloseWindow(){
    document.callback.submit();
    }
    In the jsp page

    U can process whatever u want in closedonevent.jsp.

    Hope this helps u.

    regards,

    Ashok.

+ Reply to Thread