Re-creating a domain - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Re-creating a domain - Weblogic ; We have two Solaris servers with same system configurations and same file directory structure. A WebLogic Integration domain was created on one of the servers. Instead of re-creating a domain on the other server, can we just copy the domain ...

  1. Re-creating a domain

    We have two Solaris servers with same system configurations and same
    file directory structure. A WebLogic Integration domain was created on
    one of the servers. Instead of re-creating a domain on the other
    server, can we just copy the domain and application directories and
    their contents from the first server over to this server?

    We have experimented creating a domain on a Windows system, and then
    copying the domain and application directories and their contents over
    to another Windows system. The admin server and managed server can
    start successfully.

    So in general, does this method work on the Solaris servers?

    We are using WebLogic 8.1.4.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Re-creating a domain

    As long as you set all the classpaths correctly, in the sense if the FS
    looks the same for both the servers then you are good. Things to note
    are the IP address (which I m sure you will note)

+ Reply to Thread