Upgrading to Weblogic 8.1 - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Upgrading to Weblogic 8.1 - Weblogic ; I have installed Weblogic 8.1 sp4 and copied my application from a Weblogic 6.1 sp5 environment. It deploys fine but when I test my application in a browser I get a blank screen and "done" on the bottom left have ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Upgrading to Weblogic 8.1

  1. Upgrading to Weblogic 8.1

    I have installed Weblogic 8.1 sp4 and copied my application from a
    Weblogic 6.1 sp5 environment.

    It deploys fine but when I test my application in a browser I get a
    blank screen and "done" on the bottom left have corner.

    Does anyone have any ideas regarding this issue or have a missed
    something. My application works fine under WLS6.1.

    I just cannot understand.

    Thanks for your help in-advance.

    MAJ

  2. Re: Upgrading to Weblogic 8.1


    Michael wrote:
    > I have installed Weblogic 8.1 sp4 and copied my application from a
    > Weblogic 6.1 sp5 environment.
    >
    > It deploys fine but when I test my application in a browser I get a
    > blank screen and "done" on the bottom left have corner.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas regarding this issue or have a missed
    > something. My application works fine under WLS6.1.
    >
    > I just cannot understand.
    >
    > Thanks for your help in-advance.
    >
    > MAJ




    I am also getting the following messages:

    se the global exception xml file.
    Errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: InputStream cannot be null
    DEBUG [2005-04-07 16:25:19,985] (ConfigurableContentTag.java:439) -
    setPageId(home)
    DEBUG [2005-04-07 16:25:19,986] (ConfigurableContentTag.java:441) -
    setPageId(): pageId=home
    DEBUG [2005-04-07 16:25:19,987] (ConfigurableContentTag.java:138) -
    doAfterBody(): body content =
    DEBUG [2005-04-07 16:25:19,999] (ConfigurableContentTag.java:94) -
    doEndTag(): pageId=home
    ERROR [2005-04-07 16:25:20,154] (Digester.java:1173) - Parse Error at
    line 2 column 56: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element
    'Domain'.
    org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration
    of element 'Domain'.
    at
    weblogic.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.cr eateSAXParseException(Lweblogic.apache.xerces.xni. parser.XMLParseExceptionLorg.xml.sax.SAXParseException;(ErrorHandlerWrappe r.java:232)
    at
    weblogic.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.er ror(Ljava.lang.String;Ljava.lang.String;Lweblogic. apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParseExceptionV(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:173)
    at
    weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.repor tError(Lweblogic.apache.xerces.xni.XMLLocator;Ljav a.lang.String;Ljava.lang.String;[Ljava.lang.Object;S)V(XMLErrorReporter.java:371)
    at
    weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.repor tError(Ljava.lang.String;Ljava.lang.String;[Ljava.lang.Object;S)V(XMLErrorReporter.java:305)
    at
    weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator$ XSIErrorReporter.reportError(Ljava.lang.String;Lja va.lang.String;[Ljava.lang.Object;S)V(XMLSchemaValidator.java:345)
    at
    weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator. reportSchemaError(Ljava.lang.String;[Ljava.lang.ObjectV(XMLSchemaValidator.java:2984)
    at
    weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator. handleStartElement(Lweblogic.apache.xerces.xni.QNa me;Lweblogic.apache.xerces.xni.XMLAttributes;Lwebl ogic.apache.xerces.xni.AugmentationsLweblogic.apache.xerces.xni.Augmentations;(XMLSche maValidator.java:1888)
    at
    weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator. startElement(Lweblogic.apache.xerces.xni.QName;Lwe blogic.apache.xerces.xni.XMLAttributes;Lweblogic.a pache.xerces.xni.AugmentationsV(XMLSchemaValidator.java:588)
    at
    weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.sta rtElement(Lweblogic.apache.xerces.xni.QName;Lweblo gic.apache.xerces.xni.XMLAttributes;Lweblogic.apac he.xerces.xni.AugmentationsV(XMLNamespaceBinder.java:572)
    at
    weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.st artElement(Lweblogic.apache.xerces.xni.QName;Lwebl ogic.apache.xerces.xni.XMLAttributes;Lweblogic.apa che.xerces.xni.AugmentationsV(XMLDTDValidator.java:727)
    at
    weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentSca nnerImpl.scanStartElement()Z(XMLDocumentFragmentSc annerImpl.java:759)
    at
    weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl $ContentDispatcher.scanRootElementHook()Z(XMLDocum entScannerImpl.java:957)
    at
    weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentSca nnerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Z)Z(XM LDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1544)


  3. Re: Upgrading to Weblogic 8.1

    Problem sorted it was the way the application searched for certain
    files.

    MAJ


+ Reply to Thread