weblogic as windows service - Weblogic

This is a discussion on weblogic as windows service - Weblogic ; Hi! I have 1 server with Win2003. I install on it Weblogic Server 8.1 sp4. I want to set up 1 AdminServer and 1 ManagedServer to work on this host. I want to see System.err and System.out in local files. ...

  1. weblogic as windows service

    Hi!

    I have 1 server with Win2003. I install on it Weblogic Server 8.1 sp4.
    I want to set up 1 AdminServer and 1 ManagedServer to work on this
    host.
    I want to see System.err and System.out in local files.
    I want to both servers autostart when OS started.
    I want to ManagedServer to be auto restarted after crashs.
    I want to remote stop/start ManagedServer through Admin Console.

    How i can do that?

    I've read docs and configure all Weblog servers to start as Windows
    service, set delay, dependancy, admin_url. At OS startup all servers
    start fine. Through Service manager all works fine.
    But when i do remote start through Admin Console, Manager Server
    starts but not as service.

    What i have to do?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: weblogic as windows service

    You can use a Node Manager but for that the Admin server and the
    Managed Server need to be on different machines.
    Node Manager is a Java utility that runs as separate process from
    WebLogic Server and allows you to perform common operations tasks for a
    Managed Server, regardless of its location with respect to its
    Administration Server.

    It will start as a part of the UNIX daemon process.

    Hope this helps

  3. Re: weblogic as windows service

    arunps@gmail.com wrote in message news:<1112058776.538069.312510@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups. com>...
    > You can use a Node Manager but for that the Admin server and the
    > Managed Server need to be on different machines.

    It is recomendation or requirement?

    We have one weblogic license and can't afford more.

    Is exists a "best practice" or samples with configurations/deployments
    for small applications (single server)?

  4. Re: weblogic as windows service

    What is the OS?

+ Reply to Thread