Really new to Weblogic - trying to install WAR - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Really new to Weblogic - trying to install WAR - Weblogic ; Hi, I am really new to Weblogic, and I am trying to get a web application that I've been given to work with Weblogic 8.1 on Windows 2000 Server. I just installed Weblogic 8.1 today, then I've configured a Weblogic ...

  1. Really new to Weblogic - trying to install WAR

    Hi,

    I am really new to Weblogic, and I am trying to get a web application
    that I've been given to work with Weblogic 8.1 on Windows 2000 Server.

    I just installed Weblogic 8.1 today, then I've configured a Weblogic
    configuration. I then copied the WAR file to the
    C:\bea\user_projects\domains\mydomain\applications directory, and then
    executed c:\bea\user_projects\domains\mydomain\startWebLogi c.cmd.

    This causes a command window to open, with the output of the Weblogic
    startup, and I'm getting some "Warning" messages about the Weblogic.xml
    being malformed:

    <[Application: 'C:\be
    a\user_projects\domains\mydomain\applications', Module: 'admingui']:
    Deployment
    descriptor "weblogic.xml" is malformed. Check against the DTD:
    org.xml.sax.SAXPa
    rseException: Element type "prefer-web-inf-classes" must be declared.
    (line 54,
    column 37).>

    <[Application: 'C:\be
    a\user_projects\domains\mydomain\applications', Module: 'admingui']:
    Deployment
    descriptor "weblogic.xml" is malformed. Check against the DTD:
    org.xml.sax.SAXPa
    rseException: The content of element type "container-descriptor" must
    match "(ch
    eck-auth-on-forward?,redirect-content-type?,redirect-content?,redirect-with-abso
    lute-url?)". (line 55, column 29).>

    <[Application: 'C:\be
    a\user_projects\domains\mydomain\applications', Module: 'admingui']:
    Deployment
    descriptor "weblogic.xml" is malformed. Check against the DTD:
    org.xml.sax.SAXPa
    rseException: Element type "prefer-web-inf-classes" must be declared.
    (line 54,
    column 37).>

    <[Application: 'C:\be
    a\user_projects\domains\mydomain\applications', Module: 'admingui']:
    Deployment
    descriptor "weblogic.xml" is malformed. Check against the DTD:
    org.xml.sax.SAXPa
    rseException: The content of element type "container-descriptor" must
    match "(ch
    eck-auth-on-forward?,redirect-content-type?,redirect-content?,redirect-with-abso
    lute-url?)". (line 55, column 29).>

    tenThread.Default" listening on port 7080, ip address 192.168.0.232>

    Logic Admin Server "myserver" for domain "mydomain" running in
    Development Mode>

    ted in RUNNING mode>
    applicat
    ion: ServletContext(id=30856733,name=admingui,context-path=/admingui)
    tried to p
    lace a non-serializable attribute: scmApplication into the session:
    CIP2ZDiP7WYa
    bsU2sr3emRk9TcS821XyWrIM1WfbDeCp1XD9o3z3!-690527957!1107824638218. This
    attribut
    e will be lost upon redeployment. This message is logged only once per
    session.>

    The funny thing is that the application still seem to (somewhat) work,
    i.e., if I point my browser to http://:7080/admingui, I get the
    page displayed, etc.

    However, Weblogic is not exploding the WAR.

    Is this (the WAR not being exploded) happening because of the warning
    messages?

    If that's the case, then how do I fix the problem in the Weblogic.xml
    file, since it hasn't been extracted?

    Also, can anyone tell me what the problem with that XML file might be?

    Thanks,
    Jim

  2. Re: Really new to Weblogic - trying to install WAR

    Hi,

    For the record, I was just able to get this working by doing the
    following:

    1) Create a directory called "DefaultWebApp" under the "applications"
    directory

    2) Copy the WAR file to the DefaltWebApp directory

    3) Unzip the WAR file in-place

    4) After I unzipped the WAR file, I was able to fix the weblogic.xml
    file in the WEB-INF directory

    5) Once I did all that, WebLogic seems to be happy (no warnings).

    Jim

    ohaya wrote:

> [...]
    > tried to p
    > lace a non-serializable attribute: scmApplication into the session:
    > CIP2ZDiP7WYa
    > bsU2sr3emRk9TcS821XyWrIM1WfbDeCp1XD9o3z3!-690527957!1107824638218. This
    > attribut
    > e will be lost upon redeployment. This message is logged only once per
    > session.>
    >
    > The funny thing is that the application still seem to (somewhat) work,
    > i.e., if I point my browser to http://:7080/admingui, I get the
    > page displayed, etc.
    >
    > However, Weblogic is not exploding the WAR.
    >
    > Is this (the WAR not being exploded) happening because of the warning
    > messages?
    >
    > If that's the case, then how do I fix the problem in the Weblogic.xml
    > file, since it hasn't been extracted?
    >
    > Also, can anyone tell me what the problem with that XML file might be?

+ Reply to Thread