Weblogic 8.1 and Post-Bind-UID - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Weblogic 8.1 and Post-Bind-UID - Weblogic ; When I set the Post-Bind-UID values to a normal user ('weblogic' in this case) and stop/start the weblogic server i eventually receive: Error during initialization of VM [...] Unable to load native library: libjvm.so: cannot open shared object file: No ...

  1. Weblogic 8.1 and Post-Bind-UID

    When I set the Post-Bind-UID values to a normal user ('weblogic' in this case) and stop/start the weblogic server i eventually receive:

    Error during initialization of VM
    [...]
    Unable to load native library: libjvm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

    Now it clearly works as root, but when the post-uid is set, it doesnt appear to work. I have tried -Djava.library.path=/usr/java//jre/lib/i386/server but that did not work as well.

    Has anyone run into this and if so, was it solvable?

    Thanks a bunch,

    Rob

  2. Re: Weblogic 8.1 and Post-Bind-UID

    I think what you're running into is a security feature of Unix systems where setuid/setgid programs basically ignore LD_LIBRARY_PATH and use a system-defined "secure" set of libraries. Depending on your OS, there may be different ways to address the problem, but I think something like sudo may be the easiest.

    Kris

+ Reply to Thread