Upgrading to 8.1 from 7.0 -- problem with console password - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Upgrading to 8.1 from 7.0 -- problem with console password - Weblogic ; I have an existing 7.0 sp2 domain on Solaris which I attempted to upgrade to 8.1sp3 following the steps outlined in the BEA guide ( http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/upgr...ade70to81.html ). The adminserver starts nicely as do the two nodes in our cluster -- ...

  1. Upgrading to 8.1 from 7.0 -- problem with console password

    I have an existing 7.0 sp2 domain on Solaris which I attempted to upgrade to 8.1sp3 following the steps outlined in the BEA guide (http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/upgr...ade70to81.html).

    The adminserver starts nicely as do the two nodes in our cluster -- all using the new 8.1 binaries (jars). But when I try to log into the adminserver using the console, I use the same username/password combo as I used on 7.0. But I cannot login -- am given an error saying that password is not accepted. What up with that?

    Short of creating a brand new 8.1 domain and re-installing our app, is there a way around this?

  2. Re: Upgrading to 8.1 from 7.0 -- problem with console password

    How does the Admin server start? What username/password are you using
    for that?

+ Reply to Thread