I've been trying for the past 2 days to install WebLogic Enterprise Security (WLES) 4.2 on RHEL 2.1 and oracle 9i. I have been unable to find any posts about the gotchas associated with this product and the installation documentation online is pretty straight forward. But, I can't even get the WLES admin server to start up. It is started automatically by the installation scripts, but always fails to successfully start up.

Error messages in the logs are very vague (basically just saying that it is unable to ping the server on port 7011). I can tell from netstat that there is nothing bound to port 7011, so clearly pieces of WLES are not starting up correctly.

Has anyone gotten WLES 4.2 to work on linux? Or on any platform?

Sean