Problems upgrading from WL7 to WL81 - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Problems upgrading from WL7 to WL81 - Weblogic ; Hi Folks, I need bit of a help here, hoping somone has run into this or knows whats going on. I am trying to do an upgrade from WL7 to WL81. WL81 seems to be behaving strange. The first time ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Problems upgrading from WL7 to WL81

  1. Problems upgrading from WL7 to WL81

    Hi Folks, I need bit of a help here, hoping somone has run into this or
    knows whats going on.

    I am trying to do an upgrade from WL7 to WL81.

    WL81 seems to be behaving strange. The first time I run after doing a build,
    WL81 fails to deploy my app
    due to NoClassDefFoundError while trying to look for some ejb in the EJB
    component, however if I shut it down and just restart it, all the
    ejbcomponents and webcomponents are deployed succesfully.

    My build box is a SCO unix 8 with jdk1.4.1

    Follwing is the Application deployment portion of my config.xml

    Path="/usr/bea/weblogic81/server/config/mydomain/applications/my.ear"
    StagedTargets="" StagingMode="nostage" TwoPhase="true">
    URI="myserver.jar" VerboseEJBDeploymentEnabled="true"/>



    cheers
    Haider



  2. Re: Problems upgrading from WL7 to WL81

    So I did some more testing by checking the classpath just before
    NoClassDefFound exception is thrown.

    Here is what I find. The first time round, the classpath has
    WL81LIBS (i.e Lots of Weblogic Class/libs)
    and
    /usr/bea/weblogic81/server/config/hwdomain/./hwserver/stage/_appsdir_hw_ear/
    APP-INF/classes

    Thats it, no other jar from my app.

    The Second time round the class Path looks like this
    WL81LIBS
    +
    All the other jar from my app, about a dozen or so.

    Why would WL81 have my jars missing the first time round????

    cheers
    Haider


    "Haider Kazmi" wrote in message
    news:41a4ed69$1@mail...
    > Hi Folks, I need bit of a help here, hoping somone has run into this or
    > knows whats going on.
    >
    > I am trying to do an upgrade from WL7 to WL81.
    >
    > WL81 seems to be behaving strange. The first time I run after doing a

    build,
    > WL81 fails to deploy my app
    > due to NoClassDefFoundError while trying to look for some ejb in the EJB
    > component, however if I shut it down and just restart it, all the
    > ejbcomponents and webcomponents are deployed succesfully.
    >
    > My build box is a SCO unix 8 with jdk1.4.1
    >
    > Follwing is the Application deployment portion of my config.xml
    > >
    > Path="/usr/bea/weblogic81/server/config/mydomain/applications/my.ear"
    > StagedTargets="" StagingMode="nostage" TwoPhase="true">
    > > URI="myserver.jar" VerboseEJBDeploymentEnabled="true"/>
    >
    >

    >
    > cheers
    > Haider
    >
    >




+ Reply to Thread