Weblogic 7.0 SP4 crashes without a trace when using a <HTML lang=..> tag - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Weblogic 7.0 SP4 crashes without a trace when using a <HTML lang=..> tag - Weblogic ; When using a Netscape 4.7 browser, and pages that start the html code with instead of the simple tag, the Weblogic server dies without leaving any clue as to what is wrong. When the tag is reverted back to the ...

  1. Weblogic 7.0 SP4 crashes without a trace when using a <HTML lang=..> tag

    When using a Netscape 4.7 browser, and pages that start the html code
    with instead of the simple tag, the Weblogic
    server dies without leaving any clue as to what is wrong. When the tag
    is reverted back to the crash does not occur. Is there anything
    that can be done about this?

    Joop Kaashoek

  2. Re: Weblogic 7.0 SP4 crashes without a trace when using a <HTML lang=..>tag

    This JVM crash appears to be preventable by using the Java command line
    options "-Djava.compiler=none -Xint" as recommended on the site

    http://support.bea.com/support_news/...nd_workarounds

    We had been using "-Djava.compiler=" up to now...

    Joop Kaashoek

    Joop Kaashoek wrote:

    > When using a Netscape 4.7 browser, and pages that start the html code
    > with instead of the simple tag, the Weblogic
    > server dies without leaving any clue as to what is wrong. When the tag
    > is reverted back to the crash does not occur. Is there anything
    > that can be done about this?
    >
    > Joop Kaashoek

  3. Re: Weblogic 7.0 SP4 crashes without a trace when using a <HTML lang=..>tag

    Actually the root cause of the crash was a stack overflow due to our JSP's
    error page defining itself as its error page as well and getting into an
    infinite recursion loop...This is shown in the output when using Java
    1.4.1_02 but not when using 1.3.1_08

    Joop Kaashoek wrote:

    > When using a Netscape 4.7 browser, and pages that start the html code
    > with instead of the simple tag, the Weblogic
    > server dies without leaving any clue as to what is wrong. When the tag
    > is reverted back to the crash does not occur. Is there anything
    > that can be done about this?
    >
    > Joop Kaashoek

+ Reply to Thread