SmartUpdate error when downgrading 8.1 Platform SP3 to SP2 - Weblogic

This is a discussion on SmartUpdate error when downgrading 8.1 Platform SP3 to SP2 - Weblogic ; On Windows Xp I have installed WebLogic Platform 8.1 SP2. I used SmartUpdate to upgrade from SP2 to SP3, and the installation was successful. Without making a single change to the SP3 installation, I decided to test the SmartUpdate downgrade ...

  1. SmartUpdate error when downgrading 8.1 Platform SP3 to SP2

    On Windows Xp I have installed WebLogic Platform 8.1 SP2. I used SmartUpdate to upgrade from SP2 to SP3, and the installation was successful. Without making a single change to the SP3 installation, I decided to test the SmartUpdate downgrade feature. When I select "Service Pack 2) from the downgrade options list and click OK, I get the following error message. Makes no sense to me at all. The directory specified in the error message is simply the uninstall directory for platform. The directory does not have any read/write restrictions either.

    http://mail.roadfly.com/saf/error.JPG

    Thanks,

  2. Re: SmartUpdate error when downgrading 8.1 Platform SP3 to SP2

    OK, so I'm replying to my own post :-)

    Well, it appears that my issue was related to the OS on which I am running platform. In my case, Windows Xp SP1, which is not supported (Xp SP3 is supported)

    I ran SmartUpdate on Windows 2000 Terminal, and all worked fine.

    Thanks for the help, self! :-P

+ Reply to Thread