weblogic 8.1 SP3 on win2K, username and password to connect to server - Weblogic

This is a discussion on weblogic 8.1 SP3 on win2K, username and password to connect to server - Weblogic ; We installed a fresh copy of SP3 (i.e. did not use smart update to upgrade) on win2k machine. It installed fine and everything seems to be working OK. But, when I start the open our application and start the server, ...

  1. weblogic 8.1 SP3 on win2K, username and password to connect to server

    We installed a fresh copy of SP3 (i.e. did not use smart update to upgrade) on win2k machine. It installed fine and everything seems to be working OK. But, when I start the open our application and start the server, it starts up fine but, then gives me a pop-up dialog box in workshop that the username and password is not correct and also to check that the user has admin rights. I am using the System Admin username and password that I created when I created the domain. And I can logon to the server using the same username and password. The server seems to be working fine and I can open portals and all. But everytime I start the server, it gives me that pop-up. Any thoughts ??? Never had the same problem with SP2. One of my co-worker who upgraded using smartUpdate is fine.

  2. Re: weblogic 8.1 SP3 on win2K, username and password to connect to server

    Hi -

    This is noted under the "Known Limitations" of Platform SP3 release, it does not stop anything, working from your application. This is one of the SP3 Portal features.

    At the following location look for "CR181354 Application-scoped roles cause an error dialog to be displayed in the Workshop IDE"
    http://edocs/platform/docs81/relnote...s.html#1130597

    I hope it helps you...

    Thanks,
    Rama