1. I ' ve built an EAR (using ANT tool) which comprises few EJB-
JARS and a WAR (web component packed with
JSPs,Servlets,images etc.,)

2. I was able to properly deploy the EAR in weblogic 7.0. The
depoyment status is TRUE for all the JARs & the
WAR.

3. I ' ve made proper entries in the application.xml like
web-uri,context-root,ejb-module etc.,

4. In the server where I'm hosting my EAR, there already exists
a replica application setup (exactly similar to the one
which I packed in my EAR's WAR, but not in the PACKAGED
format) under "DefaultWebApp". In the Weblogic console, I
found the "DefaultWebApp" also be configured as a
WebApplication along with my EAR's WAR.

5. When I try navigating to the application, I could see my
EAR's WAR getting properly hit(through WL Admin Console) and
the first Login Page appeas properly but from then on, the
servlet is refered from the DefaultWebApp's WEB-
INF/classes/x/y/z/servlets directory where
"x.y.z.servlets" is the package structure. In my WAR also,
the servlets are placed in an identical package structure.

6. I removed the DefaultWebApp from the target server through
the Weblogic console and tried. Now I got the following error,

" Error 503--Service Unavailable
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
10.5.4 503 Service Unavailable

The server is currently unable to handle the request due to a temporary
overloading or maintenance of the server. The
implication is that this is a temporary condition which will be
alleviated after some delay. If known, the length of the delay may be indicated
in a Retry-After header. If no Retry-After is given, the client SHOULD handle
the response as it would for a 500 response.

Note: The existence of the 503 status code does not imply that a
server must use it when becoming overloaded. Some servers may
wish to simply refuse the connection. "

7. One issue I found is, I 've named my WAR as TEST.WAR in the
application.xml i.e the WAR's extension was in CAPS. I
corrected that and again tried but got the same error.

8. One thing is evident, classes within my EAR's WAR is not
getting detected. I think, this is to do something with
WEB.xml.

My question is as follows,

Suppose the context-root for my EAR's WAR (defined in application.xml) is TRY,
the URI will be like this

http://hostnameort/TRY/LoginPage.jsp

and in the web.xml I 've given my servlet mapping like this

LogonServlet

x.y.z.servlets.LogonServlet

LogonServlet
/LogonServlet/*

My point of concern is the , is the form provided above is correct?
or should there be a mention of the context-root "TRY" like this

TRY/LogonServlet/*

Kindly answer this query. I was stranded in this problem for a longer time

Thanking you in advance.

Syed MF