Dell OpenManage Server Administrator causing WebLogic 8.1 installation failure? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Dell OpenManage Server Administrator causing WebLogic 8.1 installation failure? - Weblogic ; Hi, Has anyone seen this before? I'm having problems installing BEA Weblogic 8.1 after installing Dell OpenManage Server Administrator v1.80 on my server. When I double click on the installation file, I'll get the usual screen which shows me Weblogic ...

  1. Dell OpenManage Server Administrator causing WebLogic 8.1 installation failure?

    Hi,

    Has anyone seen this before? I'm having problems installing BEA Weblogic 8.1
    after installing Dell OpenManage Server Administrator v1.80 on my server. When
    I double click on the installation file, I'll get the usual screen which shows
    me Weblogic is loading up the install file, etc. However, after the progress
    bar shows that it has finished loading, the installation does not start... One
    can see a java process running in the background if one looks at Task Manager,
    but it's not consuming any CPU... I'm pretty sure that Dell OpenManage Server
    Administrator is the problem because I have no problems installing Weblogic 8.1
    when OpenManage is not installed.

    My configuration is:

    Dell 2650 PowerEdge (2 MB RAM, 18 GB HD)
    Domain controller (active directory enabled)
    Windows 2000 Server SP4

  2. Now I can't create a WebLogic domain even if I install OpenManage after installing WebLogic

    I loaded another ghost image (that didn't have OpenManage or WebLogic installed)...
    I installed WebLogic first (8.1 sp2). Then I installed OpenManage Server Administrator
    v1.80. I then tried to run the configuration wizard - and I didn't get anywhere!
    What's going on here? There is definitely some sort of conflict, but I don't
    think OpenManage doesn't use the JRE...

    "LL" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Has anyone seen this before? I'm having problems installing BEA Weblogic
    >8.1
    >after installing Dell OpenManage Server Administrator v1.80 on my server.
    > When
    >I double click on the installation file, I'll get the usual screen which
    >shows
    >me Weblogic is loading up the install file, etc. However, after the
    >progress
    >bar shows that it has finished loading, the installation does not start...
    > One
    >can see a java process running in the background if one looks at Task
    >Manager,
    >but it's not consuming any CPU... I'm pretty sure that Dell OpenManage
    >Server
    >Administrator is the problem because I have no problems installing Weblogic
    >8.1
    >when OpenManage is not installed.
    >
    >My configuration is:
    >
    >Dell 2650 PowerEdge (2 MB RAM, 18 GB HD)
    >Domain controller (active directory enabled)
    >Windows 2000 Server SP4

  3. might be java vs OpenManage

    It sounds like conflict between java and OpenManage to me. You may try to launch "java -version" or some small java GUI using the weblogic installed Sun jdk or your separately installed jdk of the same level.

+ Reply to Thread