WebLogic start on Solaris - Weblogic

This is a discussion on WebLogic start on Solaris - Weblogic ; Hi All, I have a script on Solaris (ksh) that executes "nohup startWeblogic.sh &" to start WebLogic as a background process. After WebLogic has started and is listening on port 7001 I would like to continue. However, how do I ...

  1. WebLogic start on Solaris

    Hi All,
    I have a script on Solaris (ksh) that executes "nohup startWeblogic.sh &" to start
    WebLogic as a background process. After WebLogic has started and is listening
    on port 7001 I would like to continue. However, how do I figure out that WLS is
    up and running. Currently I sleep for 2 minutes before continuing on. The script
    looks as follows. Is there another alternative besides sleep

    nohup startWebLogic.sh &
    sleep 120

    thanks in advance.

  2. Re: WebLogic start on Solaris

    John schrieb:

    > Hi All,
    > I have a script on Solaris (ksh) that executes "nohup startWeblogic.sh &" to start
    > WebLogic as a background process. After WebLogic has started and is listening
    > on port 7001 I would like to continue. However, how do I figure out that WLS is
    > up and running.

    You can check the logfile ...

    > Currently I sleep for 2 minutes before continuing on. The script
    > looks as follows. Is there another alternative besides sleep
    >
    > nohup startWebLogic.sh &
    > sleep 120
    >
    > thanks in advance.

  3. Re: WebLogic start on Solaris

    Ruedi Schwitter <"ruedi.schwitter("@)feld1.ch> wrote:

    >John schrieb:
    >
    >> Hi All,
    >> I have a script on Solaris (ksh) that executes "nohup startWeblogic.sh

    >&" to start
    >> WebLogic as a background process. After WebLogic has started and is

    >listening
    >> on port 7001 I would like to continue. However, how do I figure out

    >that WLS is
    >> up and running.

    >You can check the logfile ...
    >
    >> Currently I sleep for 2 minutes before continuing on. The script
    >> looks as follows. Is there another alternative besides sleep
    >>
    >> nohup startWebLogic.sh &
    >> sleep 120
    >>
    >> thanks in advance.

    You could use the PING option in weblogic.Admin from a script
    Regards,
    Gerry

  4. Re: WebLogic start on Solaris

    You can check to see if its related process is up or not:

    ps -elf

    if there is many of them you can specify it by user or ...

    ps -elf | grep

    I am using it and works fine ...

    "John" wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >I have a script on Solaris (ksh) that executes "nohup startWeblogic.sh
    >&" to start
    >WebLogic as a background process. After WebLogic has started and is listening
    >on port 7001 I would like to continue. However, how do I figure out that
    >WLS is
    >up and running. Currently I sleep for 2 minutes before continuing on.
    >The script
    >looks as follows. Is there another alternative besides sleep
    >
    >nohup startWebLogic.sh &
    >sleep 120
    >
    >thanks in advance.

  5. Re: WebLogic start on Solaris

    John wrote:

    > Hi All,
    > I have a script on Solaris (ksh) that executes "nohup startWeblogic.sh &" to start
    > WebLogic as a background process. After WebLogic has started and is listening
    > on port 7001 I would like to continue. However, how do I figure out that WLS is
    > up and running. Currently I sleep for 2 minutes before continuing on. The script
    > looks as follows. Is there another alternative besides sleep
    >
    > nohup startWebLogic.sh &
    > sleep 120
    >
    > thanks in advance.

    The most satisfactory method I have found is to run:
    wget --spider -q http://localhost:7001/console

    The --spider option simply prevents wget from actually downloading a
    file and the -q option suppresses screen output.

    You can download wget 1.9 from www.sunfreeware.com if you haven't
    already got it.

    It will return $? as 0 when the admin console is running and 1 if it
    hasn't started yet. Run this poll every 5 seconds in w while loop until
    it exits with 0.

+ Reply to Thread