Problem installing 128 bit encryption. - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Problem installing 128 bit encryption. - Weblogic ; Hello, I am trying to install WebLogic Server 7.0 on HPUX with 128 bit encryption enabled. I recieved the 128 bit licenses from the BEA, removed the old installation, created the new bea home directory (/opt/bea) and put the 128 ...

  1. Problem installing 128 bit encryption.

    Hello,
    I am trying to install WebLogic Server 7.0 on HPUX with 128 bit encryption enabled.
    I recieved the 128 bit licenses from the BEA, removed the old installation, created
    the new bea home directory (/opt/bea) and put the 128 bit license file in there
    and renamed it to license.bea. Then I proceeded with installation (graphic mode).
    After everything is done, I still can't get the 128 encryption. And the license.bea
    is overwritten with a generic version!! Am I missing something?

    Thanks
    Bora Tashan

  2. Re: Problem installing 128 bit encryption.

    Hi Bora,
    Looks like you followed the correct procedure for installing 128 bit encryption.
    Are u sure that
    the license is overwritten with the generic version? It may be a merged license
    with the EVAL and the regular entries that you had before the installation. Do
    you get an error about 128 bit license missing when you start the server? How
    do u know that the 128 binaries are not installed?
    Thanks,
    Sadhana

    "Bora Tashan" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >I am trying to install WebLogic Server 7.0 on HPUX with 128 bit encryption
    >enabled.
    > I recieved the 128 bit licenses from the BEA, removed the old installation,
    >created
    >the new bea home directory (/opt/bea) and put the 128 bit license file
    >in there
    >and renamed it to license.bea. Then I proceeded with installation (graphic
    >mode).
    > After everything is done, I still can't get the 128 encryption. And
    >the license.bea
    >is overwritten with a generic version!! Am I missing something?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Bora Tashan

  3. Re: Problem installing 128 bit encryption.

    Hi Sadhana,
    I don't get any error but then again I am not booting the server in debug mode.
    I looked at the license.bea file and it is not the same thing as the one I got
    from BEA. I also try to run the certificate.war application for the PKI certificate
    for the server and that also reports an export version only.

    How do I check (in detail) I have the 128 bit version?

    Thanks
    Bora

    "Platform Team" wrote:

    >Hi Bora,
    >Looks like you followed the correct procedure for installing 128 bit
    >encryption.
    >Are u sure that
    >the license is overwritten with the generic version? It may be a merged
    >license
    >with the EVAL and the regular entries that you had before the installation.
    >Do
    >you get an error about 128 bit license missing when you start the server?
    >How
    >do u know that the 128 binaries are not installed?
    >Thanks,
    >Sadhana
    >
    >"Bora Tashan" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hello,
    >>I am trying to install WebLogic Server 7.0 on HPUX with 128 bit encryption
    >>enabled.
    >> I recieved the 128 bit licenses from the BEA, removed the old installation,
    >>created
    >>the new bea home directory (/opt/bea) and put the 128 bit license file
    >>in there
    >>and renamed it to license.bea. Then I proceeded with installation (graphic
    >>mode).
    >> After everything is done, I still can't get the 128 encryption. And
    >>the license.bea
    >>is overwritten with a generic version!! Am I missing something?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>Bora Tashan

  4. Re: Problem installing 128 bit encryption.

    Hi Bora,

    Could u please attach your license.bea file and I can take a look to see if it
    looks ok? I don't know off hand the procedure to test for 128 bit but when u start
    the server it should complain if you don't have domestic (128 bit) license and
    you are starting the server with 128 bit bonaries in it. You may want to search
    edocs.bea.com for more info abotu 128 bit testing.

    regards,
    Platform Team.

    "Bora Tashan" wrote:

    >Hi Sadhana,
    >I don't get any error but then again I am not booting the server in debug
    >mode.
    > I looked at the license.bea file and it is not the same thing as the
    >one I got
    >from BEA. I also try to run the certificate.war application for the
    >PKI certificate
    >for the server and that also reports an export version only.
    >
    >How do I check (in detail) I have the 128 bit version?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Bora
    >
    >"Platform Team" wrote:
    >>

    >>Hi Bora,
    >>Looks like you followed the correct procedure for installing 128 bit
    >>encryption.
    >>Are u sure that
    >>the license is overwritten with the generic version? It may be a merged
    >>license
    >>with the EVAL and the regular entries that you had before the installation.
    >>Do
    >>you get an error about 128 bit license missing when you start the server?
    >>How
    >>do u know that the 128 binaries are not installed?
    >>Thanks,
    >>Sadhana
    >>
    >>"Bora Tashan" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hello,
    >>>I am trying to install WebLogic Server 7.0 on HPUX with 128 bit encryption
    >>>enabled.
    >>> I recieved the 128 bit licenses from the BEA, removed the old installation,
    >>>created
    >>>the new bea home directory (/opt/bea) and put the 128 bit license file
    >>>in there
    >>>and renamed it to license.bea. Then I proceeded with installation

    >(graphic
    >>>mode).
    >>> After everything is done, I still can't get the 128 encryption. And
    >>>the license.bea
    >>>is overwritten with a generic version!! Am I missing something?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>Bora Tashan

  5. Re: Problem installing 128 bit encryption.

    I dowloaded the latest version of WebLogic 7.0 (server704_hpux.bin) from BEA.
    That comes with a generic license. I initially installed thios version for test
    purposes. I, then run the uninstall script, and manually removed everything else
    under /opt/bea. Then I received the new 128 bit license files from BEA which
    was named: NNNNNNN-LIC-WLS70-CLS-128.txt (typed NNNNNNN, because I don't want
    to disclose exact name of the file here). I ftp'ed this file into /opt/bea directory
    and renamed it to license.bea. That was the only file in that directory. Then
    I run the server704_hpux.bin from a different directory and went through the regular
    installation process. Shouldn't this install the 128 bit version? Or is there
    another step that I am not aware of is involved?

    Oh, I just checked the license.bea file and second half is my installation specific.
    and component="SSL/Domestic" is there. I guess it is installed. But why don't
    I see that trying to generate the PKI Cerificate? I searched the edocs.bea.com
    and it says: "if you have 128 bit enabled, then the certificate.war application
    will enable it and offer me 128 bit PKI key as an option. But I don't see that.
    Is there another step involved?

    Thanks
    Bora Tashan

    "Platform Team" wrote:

    >Hi Bora,
    >
    >Could u please attach your license.bea file and I can take a look to
    >see if it
    >looks ok? I don't know off hand the procedure to test for 128 bit but
    >when u start
    >the server it should complain if you don't have domestic (128 bit) license
    >and
    >you are starting the server with 128 bit bonaries in it. You may want
    >to search
    >edocs.bea.com for more info abotu 128 bit testing.
    >
    >regards,
    >Platform Team.
    >
    >"Bora Tashan" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi Sadhana,
    >>I don't get any error but then again I am not booting the server in

    >debug
    >>mode.
    >> I looked at the license.bea file and it is not the same thing as the
    >>one I got
    >>from BEA. I also try to run the certificate.war application for the
    >>PKI certificate
    >>for the server and that also reports an export version only.
    >>
    >>How do I check (in detail) I have the 128 bit version?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>Bora
    >>
    >>"Platform Team" wrote:
    >>>

    >>>Hi Bora,
    >>>Looks like you followed the correct procedure for installing 128 bit
    >>>encryption.
    >>>Are u sure that
    >>>the license is overwritten with the generic version? It may be a merged
    >>>license
    >>>with the EVAL and the regular entries that you had before the installation.
    >>>Do
    >>>you get an error about 128 bit license missing when you start the server?
    >>>How
    >>>do u know that the 128 binaries are not installed?
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>Sadhana

    >file

    >>(graphic

    >And

  6. More -->

    I turned on the debug messages. And I am getting the following message during
    startup:
    <000310>

    Apparently high strength is installed but not being utilized. How do I configure
    WebLogic to use high strength SSL?

    Thanks
    Bora Tashan

    "Bora Tashan" wrote:

> [...]

    >license
    >>and
    >>you are starting the server with 128 bit bonaries in it. You may want
    >>to search
    >>edocs.bea.com for more info abotu 128 bit testing.
    >>
    >>regards,
    >>Platform Team.
    >>
    >>"Bora Tashan" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hi Sadhana,
    >>>I don't get any error but then again I am not booting the server in

    >>debug
    >>>mode.
    >>> I looked at the license.bea file and it is not the same thing as the
    >>>one I got
    >>>from BEA. I also try to run the certificate.war application for the
    >>>PKI certificate
    >>>for the server and that also reports an export version only.
    >>>
    >>>How do I check (in detail) I have the 128 bit version?

  7. Re: Problem installing 128 bit encryption.

    Hi Bora,

    It's good to know that SSL/Domestic is in the license.bea as I had expected that
    it should be.
    You must make sure that you are running the WebLogic Server Domain with SSL Enabled.
    Please follow this to get more info on Domestic vs. Export SSL and how you may
    varify that:

    http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs70/sec...s.html#1075253

    If you still have questions, you may try weblogic.security newsgreoup.
    regards,
    Paltform Team

    "Bora Tashan" wrote:

> [...]

    >license
    >>and
    >>you are starting the server with 128 bit bonaries in it. You may want
    >>to search
    >>edocs.bea.com for more info abotu 128 bit testing.
    >>
    >>regards,
    >>Platform Team.
    >>
    >>"Bora Tashan" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hi Sadhana,
    >>>I don't get any error but then again I am not booting the server in

    >>debug
    >>>mode.
    >>> I looked at the license.bea file and it is not the same thing as the
    >>>one I got
    >>>from BEA. I also try to run the certificate.war application for the
    >>>PKI certificate
    >>>for the server and that also reports an export version only.
    >>>
    >>>How do I check (in detail) I have the 128 bit version?

  8. Log File

    SHLIB_PATH=/opt/bea/weblogic700/server/lib/hpux11:/opt/bea/weblogic700/server/lib/hpux11/oci817_8:/opt/bea/weblogic700/server/lib/hpux11:/opt/bea/weblogic700/server/lib/hpux11/oci817_8
    CLASSPATH=/opt/bea/jdk131_09/lib/tools.jar:/opt/bea/weblogic700/server:/opt/bea/weblogic700/server/lib/weblogic_sp.jar:/opt/bea/weblogic700/server/lib/weblogic.jar:

    PATH=.:/opt/bea/weblogic700/server/bin:/opt/bea/jdk131_09/jre/bin:/opt/bea/jdk131_09/bin:/opt/bea/weblogic700/server/lib/hpux11:/opt/bea/jdk131_09/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/contrib/bin:/opt/hparray/bin:/opt/nettladm/bin:/opt/upgrade/bin:/opt/fcms/bin:/opt/pd/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/contrib/bin/X11:/opt/mx/bin:/opt/resmon/bin:/opt/perf/bin:/opt/netscape:/opt/prm/bin:/opt/scr/bin://opt/perl/bin:/opt/graphics/common/bin:/usr/sbin/diag/contrib:/opt/ignite/bin:/var/opt/netscape/servers/shared/bin:/var/opt/netscape/servers/bin/slapd/server:/var/opt/netscape/servers/bin:.

    * To start WebLogic Server, use a username and *
    * password assigned to an admin-level user. For *
    * server administration, use the WebLogic Server *
    * console at http://:/console *
    + /opt/bea/jdk131_09/bin/java -Xms32m -Xmx200m -Dweblogic.security.SSL.trustedCAKeyStore=/opt/bea/weblogic700/server/lib/cacerts
    -classpath /opt/bea/jdk131_09/lib/tools.jar:/opt/bea/weblogic700/server:/opt/bea/weblogic700/server/lib/weblogic_sp.jar:/opt/bea/weblogic700/server/lib/weblogic.jar:
    -Dweblogic.Name=myserver -Dbea.home=/opt/bea -Dweblogic.management.username=system
    -Dweblogic.management.password=weblogic -Dweblogic.ProductionModeEnabled= -Djava.security.policy=/opt/bea/weblogic700/server/lib/weblogic.policy
    weblogic.Server
    Starting WebLogic Server...
    <140005> /opt/bea/user_projects/DARPDomain/./config.xml>
    <000000> /opt/bea/user_projects/DARPDomain/./myserver/myserver.log>
    <090516> has preexisting LDAP data.>
    <090516> has preexisting LDAP data.>
    <090516> has preexisting LDAP data.>
    <090142> provider DefaultKeyStore in realm myrealm cannot be used for trusted (root) CAs
    because its trusted (root) CA keystore was not configured.>
    <090082> using realm myrealm.>
    <000327> Admin Server "myserver" for domain "DARPDomain">
    <000214> "myserver" version:
    WebLogic Server 7.0 SP4 Tue Aug 12 11:22:26 PDT 2003 284033 (c) 1995, 1996, 1997,
    1998 WebLogic, Inc.
    (c) 1999, 2000, 2001 BEA Systems, Inc.>
    <000215> : /opt/bea/license.bea>
    <000520> Cluster Participant: false
    Native Socket IO Enabled: true
    Reverse DNS Allowed: false
    Network Channel: Default
    Listen Address: not configured
    Listen Port: 7001
    SSL Listen Port: 7002
    External DNS Name: not configured
    Cluster Address: not configured
    Protocol(s): T3,T3S,HTTP,HTTPS,IIOP,IIOPS
    Tunneling Enabled: false
    Outgoing Enabled: true
    Admin Traffic Only: false
    Admin Traffic OK: true
    Channel Weight: 50
    Accept Backlog: 50
    Login Timeout: 5000 ms
    Login Timeout SSL: 25000 ms
    Message Timeout HTTP: 60000 ms
    Message Timeout T3: 60000 ms
    Message Timeout IIOP: 60000 ms
    Idle Timeout IIOP: 60000 ms
    Max Message Size HTTP: 10000000
    Max Message Size T3: 10000000
    Max Message Size IIOP: 10000000

    <002014>

    <130036>

    <001007>

    <190000> Service>
    <190001> initialized successfully>
    <040090> factories.>
    <040305> and in the standby mode.>
    <101128>

    <101133> myserver>
    <101052> <[HTTP myserver] Initialized>

    <101135> web server>
    <160037>

    <002500> DataIdentifierID: 1 registered with DRS with version: 0>
    <149207> is initializing>
    <101059> <[HTTP] Loading uddiexplorer
    from WAR file: ./myserver/.internal/uddiexplorer.war>
    <101202> preparing>
    <101059> <[HTTP] Loading wl_management_internal2
    from WAR file: ./myserver/.internal/wl_management_internal2.war>
    <101202> preparing>
    <101059> <[HTTP] Loading wl_management_internal1
    from WAR file: ./myserver/.internal/wl_management_internal1.war>
    <101202> preparing>
    <101201>

    <101059> <[HTTP] Loading uddi from
    WAR file: ./myserver/.internal/uddi.war>
    <101202>
    <101201> descriptor>
    <101059> <[HTTP] Loading console from
    WAR file: ./myserver/.internal/console.war>
    <101202>

    <002504> DataIdentifierID: 1 registered with DRS with version 0>
    <149215> not receive an initial update after 2,000 milliseconds.>
    <101206> activating>
    <101209> ready>
    <101208> starting>
    <101206> activating>
    <101209> ready>
    <101208> starting>
    <101206> activating>
    <101209> ready>
    <101208> starting>
    <101206>
    <101209>
    <101208>
    <101206>

    <101209>
    <101208>

    <149208> is initialized>
    <110441> driver version "j1.0" and synchronous write policy "Cache-Flush". For information
    on synchronous write policies, refer to the weblogic.management.configuration.ServerMBean
    javadoc or console on-line help.>
    <001007>
    <001007>
    <040108> is started.>
    <040108> is started.>
    <040108> is started.>
    <040108> is started.>
    <040306>

    <101129>

    <101238> based for the webserver: myserver>
    <101051> <[HTTP myserver] started>

    <149209> is resuming>
    <160003>

    <160003>

    <101133> myserver>
    <149210> is resumed>
    <141187> are defined as follows:
    bea.home = /opt/bea
    file.encoding = 8859_1
    file.encoding.pkg = sun.io
    file.separator = /
    java.awt.graphicsenv = sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment
    java.awt.printerjob = sun.awt.motif.PSPrinterJob
    java.class.path = /opt/bea/jdk131_09/lib/tools.jar:/opt/bea/weblogic700/server:/opt/bea/weblogic700/server/lib/weblogic_sp.jar:/opt/bea/weblogic700/server/lib/weblogic.jar:
    java.class.version = 47.0
    java.ext.dirs = /opt/bea/jdk131_09/jre/lib/ext
    java.home = /opt/bea/jdk131_09/jre
    java.io.tmpdir = /var/tmp/
    java.library.path = /opt/bea/jdk131_09/bin/../jre/lib/PA_RISC2.0/native_threads:/opt/bea/jdk131_09/bin/../jre/lib/PA_RISC2.0/server:/opt/bea/jdk131_09/bin/../jre/lib/PA_RISC2.0:/opt/bea/weblogic700/server/lib/hpux11:/opt/bea/weblogic700/server/lib/hpux11/oci817_8:/opt/bea/weblogic700/server/lib/hpux11:/opt/bea/weblogic700/server/lib/hpux11/oci817_8:/usr/lib
    java.naming.factory.initial = weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory
    java.naming.factory.url.pkgs = weblogic.jndi.factories
    java.protocol.handler.pkgs = weblogic.utils|weblogic.utils|weblogic.net|weblogi c.management
    java.runtime.name = Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition
    java.runtime.version = 1.3.1.09-030418-12:59
    java.security.policy = /opt/bea/weblogic700/server/lib/weblogic.policy
    java.specification.name = Java Platform API Specification
    java.specification.vendor = Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.specification.version = 1.3
    java.vendor = Hewlett-Packard Co.
    java.vendor.url =
    http://www.hp.com/go/Java
    java.vendor.url.bug = http://www.hp.com/go/Java
    java.version = 1.3.1.09
    java.vm.info = mixed mode
    java.vm.name = Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM
    java.vm.specification.name = Java Virtual Machine Specification
    java.vm.specification.vendor = Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.vm.specification.version = 1.0
    java.vm.vendor = Hewlett-Packard Company
    java.vm.version = 1.3.1 1.3.1.09-_18_apr_2003_14_01 PA2.0
    javax.rmi.CORBA.PortableRemoteObjectClass = weblogic.iiop.PortableRemoteObjectDelegateImpl
    javax.rmi.CORBA.UtilClass = weblogic.iiop.UtilDelegateImpl
    javax.xml.rpc.ServiceFactory = weblogic.webservice.core.rpc.ServiceFactoryImpl
    javax.xml.soap.MessageFactory = weblogic.webservice.core.soap.MessageFactoryImpl
    jmx.implementation.name = JMX RI
    jmx.implementation.vendor = Sun Microsystems
    jmx.implementation.version = 1.0
    jmx.specification.name = Java Management Extensions
    jmx.specification.vendor = Sun Microsystems
    jmx.specification.version = 1.0 Final Release
    org.xml.sax.driver = weblogic.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
    org.xml.sax.parser = weblogic.xml.jaxp.RegistryParser
    os.arch = PA_RISC2.0
    os.name = HP-UX
    os.version = B.11.11
    path.separator = :
    sun.boot.class.path = /opt/bea/jdk131_09/jre/lib/rt.jar:/opt/bea/jdk131_09/jre/lib/i18n.jar:/opt/bea/jdk131_09/jre/lib/sunrsasign.jar:/opt/bea/jdk131_09/jre/classes
    sun.boot.library.path = /opt/bea/jdk131_09/jre/lib/PA_RISC2.0
    sun.cpu.endian = big
    sun.cpu.isalist = pa2.0 pa1.2 pa1.1 pa1.0
    sun.io.unicode.encoding = UnicodeBig
    user.dir = /opt/bea/user_projects/DARPDomain
    user.home = /home/SOMA
    user.language = en
    user.name = SOMA
    user.timezone = America/New_York
    vde.home = ./myserver/ldap
    weblogic.Name = myserver
    weblogic.mbeanLegalClause.ByPass = false
    weblogic.security.SSL.trustedCAKeyStore = /opt/bea/weblogic700/server/lib/cacerts

    <141052> started for development server.>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=7813652,name=uddi,context-path=/uddi)]
    WebServiceServlet: init>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=7813652,name=uddi,context-path=/uddi)]
    uddilistener: init>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=4305249,name=uddiexplorer,contex t-path=/uddiexplorer)]
    WebServiceServlet: init>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=7938255,name=wl_management_inter nal2,context-path=/wl_management_internal2)]
    WebServiceServlet: init>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=4383075,name=wl_management_inter nal1,context-path=/wl_management_internal1)]
    WebServiceServlet: init>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=3498333,name=certificate,context-path=/certificate)]
    WebServiceServlet: init>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=6631009,name=console,context-path=/console)]
    WebServiceServlet: init>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=7727124,name=DefaultWebApp,conte xt-path=)]
    WebServiceServlet: init>
    <000325> low strength (export) SSL.>
    <090116> is using the private key it retrieved from keystore aliased by demokey.>
    <090515> could not be completely checked for issues which could cause it to be rejected
    by a peer during SSL handshaking, no action is required unless peers are rejecting
    the certificate chain.>
    <090125> from keystore file specified on the command line: /opt/bea/weblogic700/server/lib/cacerts>

    <000307> maximum lifespan set to 500 uses.>
    <000300> 1 certificate(s):
    fingerprint = a48264011b8f3aeb13f64147821dc941, not before = Fri Nov 01 15:02:23
    EST 2002, not after = Sun Oct 15 16:02:23 EDT 2006, holder = C=US SP=California
    L=San Francisco O=BEA WebLogic CN=weblogic.bea.com Email=support@bea.com , issuer
    = C=US SP=California L=San Francisco O=BEA WebLogic OU=Security CN=Demo Certificate
    Authority Constraints Email=support@bea.com , key = modulus length=65, exponent
    length=3

    <000310> (exportable) SSL.>
    <000415> limits of - soft: 1,024, hard: 1,024>
    <000416> limit of: 1,024 open sockets/files.>
    <000406> on Jan 29 2003 10:33:52>
    <000418> threads>
    <141030> of Managed Server... This feature is on by default, you may turn this off by passing
    -Dweblogic.management.discover=false>
    <000354> listening on port 7001>
    <000354> listening on port 7002>
    <000331> Admin Server "myserver" for domain "DARPDomain" running in Development Mode>
    <000365> changed to RUNNING>
    <000360> in RUNNING mode>
    <000213> 111.11.8.2 to licensed client list>
    <090516> has preexisting LDAP data.>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=6631009,name=console,context-path=/console)]
    actions: init>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=6631009,name=console,context-path=/console)]
    FileServlet: init>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=6631009,name=console,context-path=/console)]
    FileServlet: Using standard I/O>
    <140009> for domain saved to the repository.>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=3498333,name=certificate,context-path=/certificate)]
    CertificateServlet: init>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=3498333,name=certificate,context-path=/certificate)]
    FileServlet: init>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=3498333,name=certificate,context-path=/certificate)]
    FileServlet: Using standard I/O>
    <140009> for domain saved to the repository.>
    <000365> changed to SUSPENDING>
    <149236> is preparing to suspend>
    <149237> is ready to suspend>
    <040307> gracefully.>
    <040301> in the standby mode.>
    <001007>
    <001007> issued.>
    <001007>
    <000228> of server logins has been requested by >
    <000229> have been disabled.>
    <040308>

    <040301> in the standby mode.>
    <001007>

    <001007> issued.>
    <001007>

    <000352> stopped listening on port 7001>
    <000352> stopped listening on port 7002>
    <000365> changed to STANDBY>
    <000365> changed to SHUTTING_DOWN>
    <000218> has been requested by >
    <000219> has been initiated.>
    <000232> is commencing NOW and is irreversible.>
    <160004>

    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=3498333,name=certificate,context-path=/certificate)]
    CertificateServlet: destroy>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=3498333,name=certificate,context-path=/certificate)]
    FileServlet: destroy>
    <160004>

    <101207> deactivating>
    <101205> rolling back>
    <101207>

    <101205>

    <101207> deactivating>
    <101205> rolling back>
    <101207> deactivating>
    <101205> rolling back>
    <101207>
    <101205>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=7813652,name=uddi,context-path=/uddi)]
    uddilistener: destroy>
    <149213> is shutting down.>
    <002505> 1 unregistered from DRS.>
    <149214> is shutdown.>
    <200001> service is successfully shut down.>
    <040107> factories.>
    <040015>

    <001007>
    <000236> threads.>
    <000238>

[...]

    Admin Traffic OK: false
    Channel Weight: 50
    Accept Backlog: 50
    Login Timeout: 5000 ms
    Login Timeout SSL: 25000 ms
    Message Timeout HTTP: 60000 ms
    Message Timeout T3: 60000 ms
    Message Timeout IIOP: 60000 ms
    Idle Timeout IIOP: 60000 ms
    Max Message Size HTTP: 10000000
    Max Message Size T3: 10000000
    Max Message Size IIOP: 10000000

    Network Channel: Administrator
    Listen Address: not configured
    Listen Port: none
    SSL Listen Port: 9002
    External DNS Name: not configured
    Cluster Address: not configured
    Protocol(s): T3S,HTTPS
    Tunneling Enabled: false
    Outgoing Enabled: true
    Admin Traffic Only: true
    Admin Traffic OK: true
    Channel Weight: 50
    Accept Backlog: 50
    Login Timeout: 5000 ms
    Login Timeout SSL: 25000 ms
    Message Timeout HTTP: 60000 ms
    Message Timeout T3: 60000 ms
    Max Message Size HTTP: 10000000
    Max Message Size T3: 10000000

    <000325> low strength (export) SSL.>
    <090116> using the private key it retrieved from keystore aliased by demokey.>
[...]

    <101135> server>
    <160037>

    <002500> DataIdentifierID: 1 registered with DRS with version: 0>
    <149207> is initializing>
    <101201>

    <101059> <[HTTP] Loading console from
    WAR file: ./myserver/.internal/console.war>
    <101202>

    <101059> <[HTTP] Loading wl_management_internal1
    from WAR file: ./myserver/.internal/wl_management_internal1.war>
    <101202> preparing>
    <101059> <[HTTP] Loading wl_management_internal2
    from WAR file: ./myserver/.internal/wl_management_internal2.war>
    <101202> preparing>
    <101201>

    <101059> <[HTTP] Loading uddi from
    WAR file: ./myserver/.internal/uddi.war>
    <101202>
    <101059> <[HTTP] Loading uddiexplorer
    from WAR file: ./myserver/.internal/uddiexplorer.war>
    <101202> preparing>
    <002504> 1 registered with DRS with version 0>
    <149215> not receive an initial update after 2,000 milliseconds.>
    <101206>

    <101209>
    <101208>

    <101206> activating>
    <101209> ready>
    <101208> starting>
    <101206> activating>
    <101209> ready>
    <101208> starting>
    <101206>
    <101209>
    <101208>
    <101206> activating>
    <101209> ready>
    <101208> starting>
    <149208> is initialized>
    <000415> limits of - soft: 1,024, hard: 1,024>
    <000416> limit of: 1,024 open sockets/files.>
    <000406> on Jan 29 2003 10:33:52>
    <000418> threads>
    <000354> listening on port 9002>
[...]

    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=982396,name=uddi,context-path=/uddi)]
    WebServiceServlet: init>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=982396,name=uddi,context-path=/uddi)]
    uddilistener: init>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=7621286,name=uddiexplorer,contex t-path=/uddiexplorer)]
    WebServiceServlet: init>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=4078850,name=wl_management_inter nal1,context-path=/wl_management_internal1)]
    WebServiceServlet: init>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=6402236,name=wl_management_inter nal2,context-path=/wl_management_internal2)]
    WebServiceServlet: init>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=2428110,name=certificate,context-path=/certificate)]
    WebServiceServlet: init>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=1602216,name=console,context-path=/console)]
    WebServiceServlet: init>
    <101047> <[ServletContext(id=3294684,name=DefaultWebApp,conte xt-path=)]
[...]

  9. Re: Problem installing 128 bit encryption.

    Hi Bora,
    I am puzzled that your license does have SSL/Domestic and the server is still
    not recognizing it.
    Maybe it's a problem on the HP platform. I will advise that you open a case with
    BEA Support and get a resolution from them.
    Best regards,
    Platform Team
    BEA Systems

    "Bora Tashan" wrote:

> [...]

    >>> Then
    >>>I run the server704_hpux.bin from a different directory and went through
    >>>the regular
    >>>installation process. Shouldn't this install the 128 bit version?

    >>Or
    >>>is there
    >>>another step that I am not aware of is involved?
    >>>
    >>>Oh, I just checked the license.bea file and second half is my installation
    >>>specific.
    >>> and component="SSL/Domestic" is there. I guess it is installed.

    >But
    >>>why don't
    >>>I see that trying to generate the PKI Cerificate? I searched the edocs.bea.com
    >>>and it says: "if you have 128 bit enabled, then the certificate.war

    >>application
    >>>will enable it and offer me 128 bit PKI key as an option. But I don't

  10. ****ISSUE RESOLVED****

    Platform Team,
    The issue is resolved. There has been an IP address change that was not communicated
    properly.

    Thank you for your support.

    Bora Tashan

    "Platform Team" wrote:

    >Hi Bora,
    >I am puzzled that your license does have SSL/Domestic and the server
    >is still
    >not recognizing it.
    >Maybe it's a problem on the HP platform. I will advise that you open
    >a case with
    >BEA Support and get a resolution from them.
    >Best regards,
    >Platform Team
    >BEA Systems
    >
    >"Bora Tashan" wrote:
    >>

    >>Platform Team. I still have the problem with this issue! I am attaching
    >>the WebLogic
    >>startup log messages to this. Even though I have the license information
    >>on the
    >>license.bea file, this log clearly shows that I don't have 128 bit encryption
    >>enabled.
    >>
    >>Please Advise!
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>Bora Tashan
    >>

    >>"Platform Team" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hi Bora,
    >>>
    >>>It's good to know that SSL/Domestic is in the license.bea as I had

    >expected
    >>>that
    >>>it should be.
    >>>You must make sure that you are running the WebLogic Server Domain

    >with
    >>>SSL Enabled.
    >>>Please follow this to get more info on Domestic vs. Export SSL and

    >how
    >>>you may
    >>>varify that:
    >>>
    >>>http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs70/sec...s.html#1075253
    >>>
    >>>If you still have questions, you may try weblogic.security newsgreoup.
    >>>regards,
    >>>Paltform Team

    >>>from

    >everything