Install failure on Korean AIX - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Install failure on Korean AIX - Weblogic ; An i2 customer is installing Weblogic Server 8.1SP1 on AIX 5.1 (Korean) the silent install has errors that start with the following warning: WARN [readCachedArchiveInfo] com.bea.plateng.wizard.installer.silent.tasks.Read CachedArchiveInfoTask - Unable to read archive.bea from /tmp/bea49512.tmp followed by: ERROR [stringSubst] com.bea.plateng.wizard.installer.utils.stringsubs. StringSubst ...

  1. Install failure on Korean AIX

    An i2 customer is installing Weblogic Server 8.1SP1 on AIX 5.1 (Korean) the silent
    install has errors that start with the following warning:

    WARN [readCachedArchiveInfo] com.bea.plateng.wizard.installer.silent.tasks.Read CachedArchiveInfoTask
    - Unable to read archive.bea from /tmp/bea49512.tmp

    followed by:
    ERROR [stringSubst] com.bea.plateng.wizard.installer.utils.stringsubs. StringSubst
    - com.bea.plateng.wizard.installer.utils.InstallFile IOException: Error performing
    global string substitution on file /tmsad/bea/weblogic81/samples/server/examples/build/examplesWebApp/index.jsp.
    sun.io.MalformedInputException

    it has been suggested that this is because Weblogic Server 8.1SP1 does not support
    AIX 5.1 (Korean) - if that is the case I dont see that documented any where...

    so my question is this
    1) is the above error familiar to anyone
    2) if it is any hints on a problem resolution strategy ?

  2. Re: Install failure on Korean AIX

    Hi Adrian,
    Please follow this link to see list of supported platforms:
    http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/certificat.../overview.html
    If you still have questions about the failure below, let us know.
    regards,
    Platform team.
    BEA Systems

    "Adrian Bird" wrote:

    >An i2 customer is installing Weblogic Server 8.1SP1 on AIX 5.1 (Korean)
    >the silent
    >install has errors that start with the following warning:
    >
    >WARN [readCachedArchiveInfo] com.bea.plateng.wizard.installer.silent.tasks.Read CachedArchiveInfoTask
    >- Unable to read archive.bea from /tmp/bea49512.tmp
    >
    >followed by:
    >ERROR [stringSubst] com.bea.plateng.wizard.installer.utils.stringsubs. StringSubst
    >- com.bea.plateng.wizard.installer.utils.InstallFile IOException: Error
    >performing
    >global string substitution on file /tmsad/bea/weblogic81/samples/server/examples/build/examplesWebApp/index.jsp.
    > sun.io.MalformedInputException
    >
    >it has been suggested that this is because Weblogic Server 8.1SP1 does
    >not support
    >AIX 5.1 (Korean) - if that is the case I dont see that documented any
    >where...
    >
    >so my question is this
    >1) is the above error familiar to anyone
    >2) if it is any hints on a problem resolution strategy ?

+ Reply to Thread