NavApplet load error Bad magic number - Weblogic

This is a discussion on NavApplet load error Bad magic number - Weblogic ; I had no difficulty running the console with Mozilla 1.5 / JRE 1.4.2_02 With 1.4.2_03 the applet fails to load java.lang.ClassFormatError: weblogic/management/console/applets/NavApplet (Bad magic number) In Opera 7, the applet loads - but the rest of the page does not. ...

  1. NavApplet load error Bad magic number

    I had no difficulty running the console with Mozilla 1.5 / JRE 1.4.2_02

    With 1.4.2_03 the applet fails to load
    java.lang.ClassFormatError: weblogic/management/console/applets/NavApplet (Bad magic number)

    In Opera 7, the applet loads - but the rest of the page does not.

    Yes, I've tried clearing the cache [reccomended in an earlier posting]

  2. Re: NavApplet load error Bad magic number

    And of course - the problem mysteriuosly went away..... The console works fine
    now :-/

    Dave Levitt wrote:
    >I had no difficulty running the console with Mozilla 1.5 / JRE 1.4.2_02
    >
    >With 1.4.2_03 the applet fails to load
    >java.lang.ClassFormatError: weblogic/management/console/applets/NavApplet
    >(Bad magic number)
    >
    >In Opera 7, the applet loads - but the rest of the page does not.
    >
    >Yes, I've tried clearing the cache [reccomended in an earlier posting]

  3. Re: NavApplet load error Bad magic number

    I've had the same issue, and fortunatally I had another machine with a very
    old 1.3.1 jvm installed.

    "Dave Levitt" wrote in message

    > And of course - the problem mysteriuosly went away..... The console works

    fine
    > now :-/
    >
    > Dave Levitt wrote:
    > >I had no difficulty running the console with Mozilla 1.5 / JRE 1.4.2_02
    > >
    > >With 1.4.2_03 the applet fails to load
    > >java.lang.ClassFormatError: weblogic/management/console/applets/NavApplet
    > >(Bad magic number)
    > >
    > >In Opera 7, the applet loads - but the rest of the page does not.
    > >
    > >Yes, I've tried clearing the cache [reccomended in an earlier posting]

  4. Re: NavApplet load error Bad magic number

    Hi:

    You can bring applet using JRE 1.4.2_02 not with 1.4.2_03

    The weblogic server 8.1 SP 3 comes with JDK 1.4.2_04 and weblogic server 7.0 comes with JDK 1.3. I have
    J2SDK 1.4.2_02. I am not be able to bring applet on either one of weblogic server. I can bring all HTML pages except applet. I am using IE 6.0. You said that it works find JDK 1.4.2_02. How?

    Ramesh.dhurvas@compuware.com
    Ramesh

+ Reply to Thread