WLP 8.1 weblogic.utils.io.FilenameEncoder$UnsafeFilenameEx ceptiondeploying Pageflow - Weblogic

This is a discussion on WLP 8.1 weblogic.utils.io.FilenameEncoder$UnsafeFilenameEx ceptiondeploying Pageflow - Weblogic ; I am setting up a development environment with a linux box hosting a full WL Platform 8.1 install which i've exposed as a windows share using samba quite successfully. (I also start up the weblogic server on the linux box) ...

  1. WLP 8.1 weblogic.utils.io.FilenameEncoder$UnsafeFilenameEx ceptiondeploying Pageflow

    I am setting up a development environment with a linux box hosting a
    full WL Platform 8.1 install which i've exposed as a windows share using
    samba quite successfully. (I also start up the weblogic server on the
    linux box)

    Now Ive done a full install of WL Platform 8.1 on another windows box,
    and have mounted the shared samba drive as a windows drive (z on the
    windows PC and managed to connect Workshop running on the windows box to
    the running server on the linux box. Things seem to work quite well, For
    example, i've deployed a very simple process and it works fine, i can
    use the test harness to successfully execute the process. However, when
    i try to run a simple page flow that i create, i get the following
    exception:

    <15-Oct-2003 00:59:24 o'clock IST>
    <[ServletContext(id=3879938,name=Untitled,context-path=/Untitled)]
    getRealPath() called with unsafe path: "/WEB-INF/jpf-struts-config.xml".
    weblogic.utils.io.FilenameEncoder$UnsafeFilenameEx ception:
    /home3/bea/DEV/FirstProject/process/Untitled/WEB-INF/jpf-struts-config.xml
    not under:
    /home3/bea/user_projects/domains/platformdomain/./../../../DEV/FirstProject/process/Untitled
    at weblogic.utils.io.FilenameEncoder.getSafeFile(File nameEncoder.java:220)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.get RealPath(WebAppServletContext.java:924)
    at
    com.bea.wlw.netui.pageflow.DynamicSubappActionServ let.registerStaleModule(DynamicSubappActionServlet .java:539)
    at
    com.bea.wlw.netui.pageflow.DynamicSubappActionServ let.ensureModuleRegistered(DynamicSubappActionServ let.java:500)
    at
    com.bea.wlw.netui.pageflow.DynamicSubappActionServ let.getModuleConfig(DynamicSubappActionServlet.jav a:455)
    at
    com.bea.wlw.netui.pageflow.DynamicSubappActionServ let.process(DynamicSubappActionServlet.java:389)
    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(Actio nServlet.java:502)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:740)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:853)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletI nvocationAction.run(ServletStubImpl.java:1053)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeSe rvlet(ServletStubImpl.java:387)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(Tail Filter.java:28)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter (FilterChainImpl.java:27)
    at
    com.bea.p13n.servlets.PortalServletFilter.doFilter (PortalServletFilter.java:313)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter (FilterChainImpl.java:27)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$Ser vletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java :6316)
    at
    weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubjec t.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:317)
    at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Se curityManager.java:118)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.inv okeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3622)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execu te(ServletRequestImpl.java:2569)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThrea d.java:197)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.ja va:170)

    I have looked in the weblogic console on the linux box, and it looks
    like the application is deployed with a relative path as opposed to an
    absolute path:

    The URI, located on the Administration Server, of the original source
    files for this application.

    Is there something i can do prevent this problem from occurring? i.e.
    can i tell weblogic workshop to deploy my application with an absolute
    path as opposed to a relative path?

    Note: I had exactly the same problem when attempting to deploy page
    flows between two windows pcs, one hosting the server, and trying to run
    pageflows created in workshop on the other, so i dont think it has
    anything to do with me deploying the stuff to windows in this instance.

  2. Re: WLP 8.1 weblogic.utils.io.FilenameEncoder$UnsafeFilenameEx ception deploying Pageflow

    I too have the same problem. According to my understanding this can be
    solved by placing the source in the server (linux box)
    under your domain where you deploy the application.

    Let me know if it help you.

    Karthi.

    "soteri panagou" wrote in message
> [...]

    > at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThrea d.java:197)
    > at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.ja va:170)
    > >

    > I have looked in the weblogic console on the linux box, and it looks
    > like the application is deployed with a relative path as opposed to an
    > absolute path:

    > The URI, located on the Administration Server, of the original source
    > files for this application.
    >
    > Is there something i can do prevent this problem from occurring? i.e.
    > can i tell weblogic workshop to deploy my application with an absolute
    > path as opposed to a relative path?
    >
    > Note: I had exactly the same problem when attempting to deploy page
    > flows between two windows pcs, one hosting the server, and trying to run
    > pageflows created in workshop on the other, so i dont think it has
    > anything to do with me deploying the stuff to windows in this instance.

  3. RE: Re: WLP 8.1 weblogic.utils.io.FilenameEncoder$UnsafeFilenameEx ception deploying Pageflow

    This tip solved the our problem as well. Though our server was Windows 2000 box.

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread