MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC driver and databasename - Weblogic

This is a discussion on MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC driver and databasename - Weblogic ; Hi, I have tried to switch from using WebLogic jDriver for MS SQL Server to using MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC Driver as recommended by Bea for WebLogic 7.0. I can get the connection pooling to work with the new ...

  1. MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC driver and databasename

    Hi,

    I have tried to switch from using WebLogic jDriver for MS SQL Server to using
    MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC Driver as recommended by Bea for WebLogic 7.0. I can get
    the connection pooling to work with the new driver but I cannot get it to work
    for certain database. It seems to always connect to the defaul database even though
    I specify the database in console with property databasename=DBNAME. Any ideas
    what could be wrong?

    Thanks!

    Cheers,
    Jouni

  2. Re: MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC driver and databasename

    We had this working fine with WLS7, this is the entry from our config.xml

    InitialCapacity="50" MaxCapacity="50" Name="SQLServerConnectionPool" Password="{3DES}UkODkM1JaCU="
    Properties="user=Destin8;SelectMethod=cursor;databaseName=Dest in8V3" ShrinkingEnabled="false"
    Targets="Destin8Cluster1" URL="jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://mcp1:1433"/>

    Hope this helps..

    Pete

    "Jouni Peltonen" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have tried to switch from using WebLogic jDriver for MS SQL Server
    >to using
    >MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC Driver as recommended by Bea for WebLogic 7.0.
    >I can get
    >the connection pooling to work with the new driver but I cannot get it
    >to work
    >for certain database. It seems to always connect to the defaul database
    >even though
    >I specify the database in console with property databasename=DBNAME.
    >Any ideas
    >what could be wrong?
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >Cheers,
    >Jouni

  3. Re: MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC driver and databasename

    Forgot the datasource def.

    Name="Destin8TXDataSource" PoolName="SQLServerConnectionPool" Targets="Destin8Cluster1"/>

    "Jouni Peltonen" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have tried to switch from using WebLogic jDriver for MS SQL Server
    >to using
    >MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC Driver as recommended by Bea for WebLogic 7.0.
    >I can get
    >the connection pooling to work with the new driver but I cannot get it
    >to work
    >for certain database. It seems to always connect to the defaul database
    >even though
    >I specify the database in console with property databasename=DBNAME.
    >Any ideas
    >what could be wrong?
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >Cheers,
    >Jouni

  4. Re: MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC driver and databasename

    I need to use Microsoft JDBC driver with WL 7.0 (with connection pool & data source).
    How do I install the Microsoft JDBC driver ? (where should I put the jar files ?)

    Thanks,

    Shyun Chen

  5. Re: MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC driver and databasename

    Hi Shyun,

    "Shyun Chen" wrote in message news:15548405.1090971087670.JavaMail.root@jserv5.. .
    > I need to use Microsoft JDBC driver with WL 7.0 (with connection pool & data source).
    > How do I install the Microsoft JDBC driver ? (where should I put the jar files ?)

    You can place the driver anywhere you like. Server installation "lib"
    dir may be a good place to start. You will also have to modify server's
    startup script to make sure that path to the driver jar is the first thing
    in the server startup CLASSPATH.

    Regards,

    Slava Imeshev

+ Reply to Thread