Uninstall WLS 8.1 fails - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Uninstall WLS 8.1 fails - Weblogic ; I created an experimental WLS 81 installation. Then I tried to uninstall it. I've tried the start menu item, and also DOS console uninstallation in various modes. These all fail with the same symptom The BEA WLS 8.1 splash screen ...

  1. Uninstall WLS 8.1 fails

    I created an experimental WLS 81 installation.

    Then I tried to uninstall it. I've tried the start menu item, and also DOS console
    uninstallation in various modes.

    These all fail with the same symptom

    The BEA WLS 8.1 splash screen is displayed
    Then a warning dialog with the message E:\bea\weblogic81\uninstall

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Uninstall WLS 8.1 fails

    Paul Freeman wrote:
    > I created an experimental WLS 81 installation.
    >
    > Then I tried to uninstall it. I've tried the start menu item, and also DOS console
    > uninstallation in various modes.
    >
    > These all fail with the same symptom
    >
    > The BEA WLS 8.1 splash screen is displayed
    > Then a warning dialog with the message E:\bea\weblogic81\uninstall
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Not unless you show exactly what you typed and maybe some output from a log file.

    Problem description is too vague. I don't even know which OS you are using.

    Wayne Scott

  3. Re: Uninstall WLS 8.1 fails

    Hi,

    I just encountered this problem on my 8.1 Win2k installation as well. It's a fresh installation without any severs defined, and it's falling over with a "E:\bea\weblogic81\uninstall" message when i run the uninstall.

  4. Re: Uninstall WLS 8.1 fails

    I have same problem
    My OS is WinXP SP2
    I receive the same error.
    I try to uninstall it from console and Visually. Same result.
    Also I receive error when I try to run the Web application something about unable to deploy and problem with deploying debugger. And I canít see the pages I have created.

+ Reply to Thread