weblogic 8.1, firefox and chunked encoding - Weblogic

This is a discussion on weblogic 8.1, firefox and chunked encoding - Weblogic ; Hi, I have a webapp that can be said to take the servlet specification to it's boundries. Or perhaps even beyond - that's what I need to find out. I would appreciate any help or suggestions in regard to the ...

  1. weblogic 8.1, firefox and chunked encoding

    Hi,

    I have a webapp that can be said to take the servlet specification to
    it's boundries. Or perhaps even beyond - that's what I need to find
    out.

    I would appreciate any help or suggestions in regard to the following
    behaviour. It is seen in firefox but not MSIE. And it occurs more often
    when server and browser is on the same machine.

    1) Firefox makes it's request, and gets a response but looks like it
    keeps loading forever (progressbar and throbber keeps moving).

    2) Sometimes (about one out of three times) the response seems to be
    parsed incorrectly. I see a (more or less) correct page, but with
    headers prepended and chunked encoding markes displayed in the rendered
    page:

    "0000 HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 08:16:06 GMT Content-Type:
    text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1 ETag: 26339 Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    0334"

    I realise that this is a problem with Keep-Alive, chunked encoding and
    such. I also have a vague feeling that the solution to the problem is
    with flushing/closing some of my internal output streams or something
    like that.

    But my question is this: What (in my code) could cause weblogic to
    behave like this? Doesn't happen with other servlet containers, doesn't
    happen with MSIE...

    Any ideas welcome

    TIA,

    -dennis

  2. Re: weblogic 8.1, firefox and chunked encoding

    dennis@geysirheste.dk wrote:
    > "0000 HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 08:16:06 GMT Content-Type:
    > text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1 ETag: 26339 Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    > 0334"

    After more digging it seems to be caused by WebLogic sending "0000" in
    the message body of chunked 304 replies.

    Even though the HTTP 1.1 (10.3.5) specification states that:

    "The 304 response MUST NOT contain a message-body, and thus is always
    terminated by the first empty line after the header fields."

    Can anybody enlighten me? Can weblogic be made to not do that?

    -dennis

+ Reply to Thread