Hi,

I am trying to get a servlet to connect to a web site via HTTPS, just by creating
a https URL, and then read the data in.

I am getting an exception, every time I try it. I am using Weblogic 8.1 and the
DemoKeystore. Any idea, anybody??

Please see the stack trace below.

Thanks for any hints, in advance,

Zoltan Schreter

<000000> ate>
<000000> , stack trace follows
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.certicom.tls.record.handshake.ClientStateRecei vedServerHello.hand
le(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.tls.record.handshake.HandshakeHandler .handleHandshakeMes
sage(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.tls.record.handshake.HandshakeHandler .handleHandshakeMes
sages(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.tls.record.ReadHandler.interpretConte nt(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.tls.record.ReadHandler.readRecord(Unk nown Source)
at com.certicom.tls.record.ReadHandler.readUntilHands hakeComplete(Unknow
n Source)
at com.certicom.tls.interfaceimpl.TLSConnectionImpl.c ompleteHandshake(Un
known Source)
at com.certicom.tls.record.WriteHandler.write(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedO utputStream.java:66
)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputS tream.java:124)
at java.io.FilterOutputStream.flush(FilterOutputStrea m.java:123)
at weblogic.net.http.HttpURLConnection.writeRequests( HttpURLConnection.j
ava:98)
at weblogic.net.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream (HttpURLConnection.
java:288)
at test.TestServlet.doGet(TestServlet.java:65)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:853)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletI nvocationAction.run
(ServletStubImpl.java:1053)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeSe rvlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:387)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeSe rvlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:305)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$Ser vletInvocationActio
n.run(WebAppServletContext.java:6291)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubjec t.doAs(Authenticate
dSubject.java:317)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Se curityManager.java:
97)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.inv okeServlet(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:3575)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execu te(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:2573)