I don't think there is a way other than specifying the value in deployment
descriptors. Programmatically you should be able to change the timeout in
session listeners - not sure if that will be of any help to you. Also in 8.1
(for exploded webapps) - session timeout can be dynamically set from the
console. In coming release there will be better ways to overide the values
in deployment descriptors. Just FYI.

--Vinod.

"Pat Bumpus" wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> In weblogic 5.1 there was a property:
>
> weblogic.httpd.session.timeoutSecs
>
> This was the session timeout for a web app. Now we have settings in the

web.xml
> and weblogic.xml to set the timeout. Basically the default is 60 minutes

achieved
> by using the default setting of -2 for in the web.xml

and then
> using the default for TimeoutSecs in the of the

weblogic.xml
> which is 60 minutes. Is there such a command line argument for 8.1 that

would
> allow me to specify the default for session timeout to be something other

than
> 60 minutes. It doesn't have to be a command line argument that was just a

guess
> on my part. I'm open to other alternatives.
>
> The bottom line is that I want the session timeout to be 15 minutes for

any web
> application that doesn't specify a timeout in either deployment descriptor

(web.xml,