Cannot Find web-app_2_3.dtd - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Cannot Find web-app_2_3.dtd - Weblogic ; My app is dying while trying to load the web.xml file. Nothing has changed except that http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd is unreachable from my location. Why, I dont know. All I get are "Cannot find Server or DNS Server" in IE and in ...

  1. Cannot Find web-app_2_3.dtd

    My app is dying while trying to load the web.xml file. Nothing has changed
    except that http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd is unreachable from my
    location. Why, I dont know.
    All I get are "Cannot find Server or DNS Server" in IE and in Netscape the
    request just times out.

    Is there a way to point the web.xml file to use another dtd, perhaps a
    downloaded one?

    I was under the impression that the url for the dtd was never downloaded by
    the server. I guess I was mistaken.

    Using WL 8.1, jdk1.4

    eric mckenna.

  2. Re: Cannot Find web-app_2_3.dtd

    Eric Mckenna wrote:

    > My app is dying while trying to load the web.xml file. Nothing has changed
    > except that http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd is unreachable from my
    > location. Why, I dont know.
    > All I get are "Cannot find Server or DNS Server" in IE and in Netscape the
    > request just times out.

    > Is there a way to point the web.xml file to use another dtd, perhaps a
    > downloaded one?

    It does so anyway. The URI for a DTD is *not* used to download it. URIs
    were chosen for DTDs not to enable people or systems to download them
    but to make uniqueness easier to guarantee. I have no idea why they
    decided to use "http" URIs rather that "dtd://java.sun.com/whatever".

    > I was under the impression that the url for the dtd was never downloaded by
    > the server. I guess I was mistaken.

    No you were absolutely right.

    > Using WL 8.1, jdk1.4

    I would run weblogic.appc on your web app - if it isn't deploying there
    is something wrong with your war or ear.

    Can you access the weblogic console from your browser?

    Robert

+ Reply to Thread