Changing an implementation of HttpURLConnection - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Changing an implementation of HttpURLConnection - Weblogic ; BEA support tells me it's impossible to declaratively or programmatically substitute Weblogic's implementation of HttpURLConnection with one's own. Is support wrong or are there no frameworks running on WL that use another HttpURLConnection implementation? The solution posted on these newsgroups ...

  1. Changing an implementation of HttpURLConnection

    BEA support tells me it's impossible to declaratively or programmatically substitute
    Weblogic's implementation of HttpURLConnection with one's own. Is support wrong
    or are there no frameworks running on WL that use another HttpURLConnection implementation?
    The solution posted on these newsgroups is changing the code that creates a URLConnection
    to use a different constructor that explicitly passes an implementation class
    instance to URLConnection. This is not an option for me because that code is not
    mine.

    Alex

  2. Re: Changing an implementation of HttpURLConnection

    Alex Petrushko wrote:

    > BEA support tells me it's impossible to declaratively or programmatically substitute
    > Weblogic's implementation of HttpURLConnection with one's own. Is support wrong
    > or are there no frameworks running on WL that use another HttpURLConnection implementation?
    > The solution posted on these newsgroups is changing the code that creates a URLConnection
    > to use a different constructor that explicitly passes an implementation class
    > instance to URLConnection. This is not an option for me because that code is not
    > mine.

    I have never tried to replace the HttpURLConnection implementation so I
    have no idea whether support are correct.

    However you could perhaps decompile the classes that are not yours
    (presumably you don't have the source code) then make the required
    changes? DJ is a very useful tool!

    Or maybe there is a different way of achieving what you are trying to do?

    Robert

  3. Re: Changing an implementation of HttpURLConnection

    You could prepend the http handler of your choice to the System properties
    and get this to work.

    Suppose your handler is in "foo.net", you could prepend

    "foo.net |" to the System property java.protocol.handler.pkgs and get this
    to work.

    Be warned however that you shouldnt replace the property with "foo.net"
    since other handler packages will be removed which could lead to other
    issues.

    --Nagesh

    "Alex Petrushko" wrote in message

    > BEA support tells me it's impossible to declaratively or programmatically

    substitute
    > Weblogic's implementation of HttpURLConnection with one's own. Is support

    wrong
    > or are there no frameworks running on WL that use another

    HttpURLConnection implementation?
    > The solution posted on these newsgroups is changing the code that creates

    a URLConnection
    > to use a different constructor that explicitly passes an implementation

    class
    > instance to URLConnection. This is not an option for me because that code

    is not
    > mine.
    >
    > Alex

  4. Re: Changing an implementation of HttpURLConnection

    "Nagesh Susarla" wrote:
    >You could prepend the http handler of your choice to the System properties
    >and get this to work.

    This does not work for me (8.1sp1). There's a patch that fixes some property overrides
    and I am going to try that but I am switching to Tomcat if it doesn't work.

+ Reply to Thread