Hi,

We are developing a JSP/Servlets web application for Weblogic 5.1,
that is distributed as a WAR archive, and so far we are unable to
determine the web application root dynamically (from within the code
in a Servlet or class). We tryed the servletContext.getRealPath("/")
method, but it is not working due to the fact that we are deploying
the application as a WAR file.

We need to have this app root at the application startup, because it
is widely used inside the JSP pages and the servlets of the web
application. Also we would like to avoid setting it as a static
parameter in the web.xml or elsewhere.

Does anyone know how to do that? Any hint or suggestion is very much
appreciated!

TIA
Stefan Buynov