Getting html byte stream before posting - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Getting html byte stream before posting - Weblogic ; Hi , We at our company use weblogic 5 as well as are moving to weblogic 7.The thing I was struggling with was : we need to compress the HTML before sending to the browser. Now to do this, we ...

  1. Getting html byte stream before posting

    Hi ,
    We at our company use weblogic 5 as well as are moving to weblogic 7.The thing
    I was struggling with was : we need to compress the HTML before sending to the
    browser. Now to do this, we need to get the bytes/stream from the webserver just
    before it sends it out. Now there are no Java APIs available as far i know to
    get the stream and change it before sending. Or
    am i missing something??

    Thanks

  2. Re: Getting html byte stream before posting

    Hi You can use Servlet filters for post processing the response, but filters
    are not availlable for wls 5.x so you should use wls 6 or better.
    Regards.

    "George" wrote in message

    > Hi ,
    > We at our company use weblogic 5 as well as are moving to weblogic 7.The

    thing
    > I was struggling with was : we need to compress the HTML before sending to

    the
    > browser. Now to do this, we need to get the bytes/stream from the

    webserver just
    > before it sends it out. Now there are no Java APIs available as far i know

    > get the stream and change it before sending. Or
    > am i missing something??
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: Getting html byte stream before posting

    Thanks ! Unfortunately our client wont move to WLS 6 or WLS7. I tried using WLS
    7 to compress the HTML generated using GZIPOutputStream. But it shows an empty
    page on IE. I hav eposted a new thread for this problem.

    Thanks

    "B. Gorkem ERCAN" wrote:
    >Hi You can use Servlet filters for post processing the response, but
    >filters
    >are not availlable for wls 5.x so you should use wls 6 or better.
    >Regards.
    >
    >"George" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi ,
    >> We at our company use weblogic 5 as well as are moving to weblogic

    >7.The
    >thing
    >> I was struggling with was : we need to compress the HTML before sending

    >the
    >> browser. Now to do this, we need to get the bytes/stream from the

    >webserver just
    >> before it sends it out. Now there are no Java APIs available as far

    >i know
    >> get the stream and change it before sending. Or
    >> am i missing something??
    >>
    >> Thanks

+ Reply to Thread