Extending GenericServlet/New Protocol - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Extending GenericServlet/New Protocol - Weblogic ; Hi, Is it possible to define a new protocol in weblogic and invoke a servlet (extended from GenericServlet) to service the request? If it is, is there any documentation as to how to go about doing it? It does not ...

  1. Extending GenericServlet/New Protocol

    Hi,

    Is it possible to define a new protocol in weblogic and invoke a servlet (extended
    from GenericServlet) to service the request? If it is, is there any documentation
    as to how to go about doing it?

    It does not even have to be a servlet, we just want to be able to invoke some
    component within weblogic with a non-standard protocol.

    Thanks in advance,
    Chulaka

  2. Re: Extending GenericServlet/New Protocol

    What sort of a protocol is that? Is it using TCP underneath? If that is the
    case you just simply extend the GenericServlet and use ServletRequest &
    response to communicate with the client.

    "Chulaka Ailapperuma" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to define a new protocol in weblogic and invoke a servlet

    (extended
    > from GenericServlet) to service the request? If it is, is there any

    documentation
    > as to how to go about doing it?
    >
    > It does not even have to be a servlet, we just want to be able to invoke

    some
    > component within weblogic with a non-standard protocol.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Chulaka

+ Reply to Thread