WLS 8.1 sp1 with Struts 1.1 JSP with bean tag won't compile - Weblogic

This is a discussion on WLS 8.1 sp1 with Struts 1.1 JSP with bean tag won't compile - Weblogic ; Hello, We are currently porting our application which uses struts 1.1 to WLS 8.1 sp1 from another app server. Everything seems to deploy correctly and pages which use struts tags appear to compile and run fine. However, the pages with ...

  1. WLS 8.1 sp1 with Struts 1.1 JSP with bean tag won't compile

    Hello,

    We are currently porting our application which uses struts 1.1 to WLS 8.1 sp1
    from another app server. Everything seems to deploy correctly and pages which
    use struts tags appear to compile and run fine. However, the pages with struts
    tags are not compiling.

    Example JSP Code:

    <% if (userForm.hasUserData()) {hasUser=true;} %>

    WLS Console Output:

    ...jsp_servlet\_jsp\_sailor\__home.java:493: cannot resolve symbol
    symbol : variable userForm
    location: class jsp_servlet._jsp._sailor.__home
    if (userForm.hasUserData()) { //[ /jsp/sailor/home.jsp; Line: 38]

    When I look at the JSP's parsed java code (__home.java:493) I find that nowhere
    in the class is the variable userForm declared.

    Is this a bug in WLS? Does anyone know of a workaround?

    Thanks,
    Scott

  2. Re: WLS 8.1 sp1 with Struts 1.1 JSP with bean tag won't compile

    Please contact customer support support@bea.com and request a patch for
    CR112789. AT_END tags do not work correctly in 81sp1

    --Nagesh

    "Scott Fleming" wrote in message

    > Hello,
    >
    > We are currently porting our application which uses struts 1.1 to WLS 8.1

    sp1
    > from another app server. Everything seems to deploy correctly and pages

    which
    > use struts tags appear to compile and run fine. However, the pages with

    struts
    > tags are not compiling.
    >
    > Example JSP Code:

    type="UserFormBean"/>