Not able to deploy struts web application on Weblogic 8.1 (UnavailableException) which works on Weblogic 7.0 - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Not able to deploy struts web application on Weblogic 8.1 (UnavailableException) which works on Weblogic 7.0 - Weblogic ; Hi I have a web application that worked fine on weblogic7.0. however I am not able to successfuly deploy the same on weblogic 8.1. The web applciation .war is contained in an ..ear file that has other ejb jars as ...

  1. Not able to deploy struts web application on Weblogic 8.1 (UnavailableException) which works on Weblogic 7.0

    Hi

    I have a web application that worked fine on weblogic7.0. however I am not
    able to successfuly
    deploy the same on weblogic 8.1. The web applciation .war is contained in an
    ..ear file that has other ejb jars as well. The ejbs deploy fine, but I get
    the following error when the server is deplying the war (please note that I
    have cross checked the web app context relative paths to the struts-config
    files in the .war by exploding the war and verifying that each of the xml
    files exists):

    Sep 16, 2003 11:18:37 AM EDT> domain configuration from configuration repository at
    /usr/local/weblogic/user_projects/domains/dev99/./config.xml.>
    server log file
    /usr/local/weblogic/user_projects/domains/dev99/myserver/myserver.log is
    opened. All server side log events will be written to this file.>
    initializing using security realm myrealm.>

    [WLI-B2B subsystem:911033]WebLogic Integration - WLI-B2B started
    successfully.
    startup of WebLogic Integration - AI Server version 8.1.0.0>
    WebLogic Integration - AI Server version 8.1.0.0>
    (org.apache.commons.digester.Digester).
    "action" failed to preload on startup in Web application: "SampleBanking".
    javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Parsing error processing resource path
    foobar1/config/struts-config.xml,/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml,foobar2/config/s
    truts-config.xml,foobar3/config/struts-config.xml,foobar4/config/struts-conf
    ig.xml
    at
    org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModuleC onfig(ActionServlet.java:9
    52)
    at
    org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(Action Servlet.java:468)
    at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.j ava:258)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletI nitAction.run(ServletStubI
    mpl.java:1070)
    at
    weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubjec t.doAs(AuthenticatedSubjec
    t.java:317)
    at
    weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Se curityManager.java:118)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createSe rvlet(ServletStubImpl.java
    :893)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createIn stances(ServletStubImpl.ja
    va:842)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareS ervlet(ServletStubImpl.jav
    a:782)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.pre loadServlet(WebAppServletC
    ontext.java:3236)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.pre loadServlets(WebAppServlet
    Context.java:3181)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.pre loadResources(WebAppServle
    tContext.java:3154)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.set Started(WebAppServletConte
    xt.java:5637)
    at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.start(WebAp pModule.java:866)
    at
    weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.start(J2EEA pplicationContainer.java:2
    017)
    at
    weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.activate(J2 EEApplicationContainer.jav
    a:2058)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Com ponentActivateTask.activat
    eContainer(SlaveDeployer.java:2624)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Act ivateTask.doCommit(SlaveDe
    ployer.java:2547)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Tas k.commit(SlaveDeployer.jav
    a:2349)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Tas k.checkAutoCommit(SlaveDep
    loyer.java:2431)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Tas k.prepare(SlaveDeployer.ja
    va:2343)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Act ivateTask.prepare(SlaveDep
    loyer.java:2511)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.pro cessPrepareTask(SlaveDeplo
    yer.java:833)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.pre pareDelta(SlaveDeployer.ja
    va:542)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.pre pareUpdate(SlaveDeployer.j
    ava:500)
    at
    weblogic.drs.internal.SlaveCallbackHandler$1.execu te(SlaveCallbackHandler.ja
    va:25)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThrea d.java:197)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.ja va:170)

    I have the following in web.xml located at /WEB-INF/web.xml relative the web
    application context root.

    action
    org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet

    application
    AppResources

    config

    foobar1/config/struts-config.xml,foobar2/config/struts-config.x
    ml,/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml,foobar3/config/struts-config.xml,foobar4/confi
    g/struts-config.xml

    Any Help will be highly appreciated.

    Henry M
    PS: the same configuration (list of xml files) works fine on weblogic7.0.

  2. Re: Not able to deploy struts web application on Weblogic 8.1 (UnavailableException) which works on Weblogic 7.0

    By the way I am using struts 1.1

    "Henry Mugasha" wrote in message
> [...]

    > va:25)
    > at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThrea d.java:197)
    > at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.ja va:170)
    >

    > I have the following in web.xml located at /WEB-INF/web.xml relative the

    web
    > application context root.
    >

    > action
    > org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet
    >

    > application
    > AppResources
    >

    > config

    foobar1/config/struts-config.xml,foobar2/config/struts-config.x

    ml,/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml,foobar3/config/struts-config.xml,foobar4/confi
    > g/struts-config.xml

    > Any Help will be highly appreciated.
    >
    > Henry M
    > PS: the same configuration (list of xml files) works fine on weblogic7.0.

  3. Re: Not able to deploy struts web application on Weblogic 8.1 (UnavailableException) which works on Weblogic 7.0

    Henry> Hi
    Henry> I have a web application that worked fine on weblogic7.0. however I am not
    Henry> able to successfuly
    Henry> deploy the same on weblogic 8.1. The web applciation .war is contained in an
    Henry> .ear file that has other ejb jars as well. The ejbs deploy fine, but I get
    Henry> the following error when the server is deplying the war (please note that I
    Henry> have cross checked the web app context relative paths to the struts-config
    Henry> files in the .war by exploding the war and verifying that each of the xml
    Henry> files exists):

    Henry> I have the following in web.xml located at /WEB-INF/web.xml relative the web
    Henry> application context root.

    Henry>
    Henry>

    Henry> action
    Henry> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet

    Henry>
    Henry> application
    Henry> AppResources
    Henry>

    Henry> foobar1/config/struts-config.xml,foobar2/config/struts-config.x
    Henry> ml,/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml,foobar3/config/struts-config.xml,foobar4/confi
    Henry> g/struts-config.xml

    Henry>

    It's possible that your paths to module config files should all begin with "/".

    It would be a good idea to set up your debugger so you can step through the
    Struts source code (make sure you download the source package for 1.1, not the
    nightly), and then you can see exactly what's happening.

    Also, I'm guessing this application was initially written for Struts 1.0.2 and
    ported to 1.1. The way you're specifying the properties file is how it was
    done in version 1.0.2. It's now specified in the struts-config.xml file in 1.1.

    David M. Karr ; Java/J2EE/XML/Unix/C++
    dmkarr@earthlink.net ; SCJP; SCWCD; SCBCD

+ Reply to Thread