Not recognizing a new version of servlet class - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Not recognizing a new version of servlet class - Weblogic ; Hi, We have a problem with compiled servlets in Weblogic 7.0 sp2 running on Windows NT 4.0 Sometimes, we haven't find out when, after copying new servlet classes to our web application, Weblogic does not realize about the change, and ...

  1. Not recognizing a new version of servlet class

    Hi,

    We have a problem with compiled servlets in Weblogic 7.0 sp2 running on Windows
    NT 4.0

    Sometimes, we haven't find out when, after copying new servlet classes to our
    web application, Weblogic does not realize about the change, and it still serves
    the older version.

    Even if we delete the class file, the \bea\user_projects\ourdomain\ourserver\.wlnotdelet e
    folder and all our Internet temporary files, it still serves the older class version,
    no matter we reboot Weblogic and even our NT. There is no other class for that
    servlet in the whole system, and it continues serving the older version and not
    recognizing the new one.

    The only solution for this is to rename the Servlet, place the new class and
    change that name in our web.xml.

    Have you ever come across this problem? Is there any way to force the recognition
    of the new class?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Not recognizing a new version of servlet class

    Remove the tag corresponding to the Web Application from the config.xml
    file, and redeploy web application with the modified servlet classes.

    thanks,
    Deepak

    "Ignacio Sanchez" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    > We have a problem with compiled servlets in Weblogic 7.0 sp2 running
    >on Windows
    >NT 4.0
    >
    > Sometimes, we haven't find out when, after copying new servlet classes
    >to our
    >web application, Weblogic does not realize about the change, and it still
    >serves
    >the older version.
    >
    > Even if we delete the class file, the \bea\user_projects\ourdomain\ourserver\.wlnotdelet e
    >folder and all our Internet temporary files, it still serves the older
    >class version,
    >no matter we reboot Weblogic and even our NT. There is no other class
    >for that
    >servlet in the whole system, and it continues serving the older version
    >and not
    >recognizing the new one.
    >
    > The only solution for this is to rename the Servlet, place the new class
    >and
    >change that name in our web.xml.
    >
    > Have you ever come across this problem? Is there any way to force the
    >recognition
    >of the new class?
    >
    >Thanks

  3. Re: Not recognizing a new version of servlet class

    Delete the tag before starting the server.

    thanks,
    Deepak

    "Ignacio Sanchez" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    > Thanks for your answer, but I don't understand it well.
    >
    > Should we delete the "
    " tag corresponding to our web
    >application
    >in our config.xml with our Weblogic started or stopped? And do we perform
    >a redeploy
    >after saving that change?
    >
    >"Deepak Vohra" wrote:
    >>
    >>Remove the tag corresponding to the Web Application from
    >>the config.xml
    >>file, and redeploy web application with the modified servlet classes.
    >>
    >>thanks,
    >>Deepak
    >>

    >>"Ignacio Sanchez" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>> We have a problem with compiled servlets in Weblogic 7.0 sp2 running
    >>>on Windows
    >>>NT 4.0
    >>>
    >>> Sometimes, we haven't find out when, after copying new servlet classes
    >>>to our
    >>>web application, Weblogic does not realize about the change, and it

    >>still
    >>>serves
    >>>the older version.
    >>>
    >>> Even if we delete the class file, the \bea\user_projects\ourdomain\ourserver\.wlnotdelet e
    >>>folder and all our Internet temporary files, it still serves the older
    >>>class version,
    >>>no matter we reboot Weblogic and even our NT. There is no other class
    >>>for that
    >>>servlet in the whole system, and it continues serving the older version
    >>>and not
    >>>recognizing the new one.
    >>>
    >>> The only solution for this is to rename the Servlet, place the new

    >>class
    >>>and
    >>>change that name in our web.xml.
    >>>
    >>> Have you ever come across this problem? Is there any way to force

    >the
    >>>recognition
    >>>of the new class?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks

  4. Re: Not recognizing a new version of servlet class

    Hi,

    Thanks for your answer, but it doesn't work. If you delete the
    tag of our application in config.xml the server does not start again. There is
    no other tag in config.xml, and we haven't found any

  5. Re: Not recognizing a new version of servlet class

    Replace the servlet class in the DefaultWebApp/WEB-INF/classes dir with the modified
    servlet class.

    thanks,

    Deepak

    "Ignacio Sanchez" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    > We have a problem with compiled servlets in Weblogic 7.0 sp2 running
    >on Windows
    >NT 4.0
    >
    > Sometimes, we haven't find out when, after copying new servlet classes
    >to our
    >web application, Weblogic does not realize about the change, and it still
    >serves
    >the older version.
    >
    > Even if we delete the class file, the \bea\user_projects\ourdomain\ourserver\.wlnotdelet e
    >folder and all our Internet temporary files, it still serves the older
    >class version,
    >no matter we reboot Weblogic and even our NT. There is no other class
    >for that
    >servlet in the whole system, and it continues serving the older version
    >and not
    >recognizing the new one.
    >
    > The only solution for this is to rename the Servlet, place the new class
    >and
    >change that name in our web.xml.
    >
    > Have you ever come across this problem? Is there any way to force the
    >recognition
    >of the new class?
    >
    >Thanks

  6. Re: Not recognizing a new version of servlet class

    Hi,

    That's exactly what we are doing when we wanna copy new versions of servlet
    classes.
    We have noticed that this problem only occurs with NT 4.0 and not in W2000
    prof. Anyone knows anything about it? Nobody else has come across this problem?

    Bye

    "Deepak Vohra" wrote:

    >Replace the servlet class in the DefaultWebApp/WEB-INF/classes dir with
    >the modified
    >servlet class.
    >
    >thanks,
    >
    >Deepak
    >
    >"Ignacio Sanchez" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >> We have a problem with compiled servlets in Weblogic 7.0 sp2 running
    >>on Windows
    >>NT 4.0
    >>
    >> Sometimes, we haven't find out when, after copying new servlet classes
    >>to our
    >>web application, Weblogic does not realize about the change, and it

    >still
    >>serves
    >>the older version.
    >>
    >> Even if we delete the class file, the \bea\user_projects\ourdomain\ourserver\.wlnotdelet e
    >>folder and all our Internet temporary files, it still serves the older
    >>class version,
    >>no matter we reboot Weblogic and even our NT. There is no other class
    >>for that
    >>servlet in the whole system, and it continues serving the older version
    >>and not
    >>recognizing the new one.
    >>
    >> The only solution for this is to rename the Servlet, place the new

    >class
    >>and
    >>change that name in our web.xml.
    >>
    >> Have you ever come across this problem? Is there any way to force the
    >>recognition
    >>of the new class?
    >>
    >>Thanks

+ Reply to Thread