Disable servlet reload - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Disable servlet reload - Weblogic ; I need to disable servlet reload(WLS 7 SP4) for performance reason. I set the servlet-reload-check-secs to -1 in the container-descriptor of the web.xml of my war file. However when I deploy my war file, from the admin console the "Reload ...

  1. Disable servlet reload

    I need to disable servlet reload(WLS 7 SP4) for performance reason. I set the
    servlet-reload-check-secs to -1 in the container-descriptor of the web.xml of
    my war file. However when I deploy my war file, from the admin console the "Reload
    Period" is set to 1. Is there a way to make the deployment set the default "Reload
    Period" to -1 during deployment? I hate to deploy, change "Reload Period" from
    console, shutdown server, them restart server. Thanks.

  2. Re: Disable servlet reload

    Daniel Lo wrote:
    > I need to disable servlet reload(WLS 7 SP4) for performance reason. I set the
    > servlet-reload-check-secs to -1 in the container-descriptor of the web.xml of
    > my war file. However when I deploy my war file, from the admin console the "Reload
    > Period" is set to 1. Is there a way to make the deployment set the default "Reload
    > Period" to -1 during deployment? I hate to deploy, change "Reload Period" from
    > console, shutdown server, them restart server. Thanks.

    You can use the following in your web.xml

    weblogic.servlet.reloadCheckSecs
    -1

    --
    Nagesh

  3. Re: Disable servlet reload

    Nagesh,

    Thanks for the reply, but after I added weblogic.servlet.reloadCheckSecs in web.xml,
    delete the war, configure and deploy the war, the "Reload Period" is still 1 from
    the Admin Console.

    I am using WebLogic Platform 7.0.4.0, maybe weblogic.servlet.reloadCheckSecs only
    works for the Commerce Server?

    Daniel

+ Reply to Thread