RE: Re: How to deploy a servlet on WebLogic 6.1 - Weblogic

This is a discussion on RE: Re: How to deploy a servlet on WebLogic 6.1 - Weblogic ; I am getting the same problem... but with my package defined. The weird thing is the JspView works fine but the ExcelExport does not, even though (to me) they are configured the same. Here's the details of my web.xml. JspView ...

  1. RE: Re: How to deploy a servlet on WebLogic 6.1

    I am getting the same problem... but with my package defined. The weird thing is the JspView works fine but the ExcelExport does not, even though (to me) they are configured the same. Here's the details of my web.xml.

    JspView
    view.JspView

    ExportExcel
    export.ExportExcel

    JspView
    /servlet/view.JspView

    ExportExcel
    /servlet/export.ExportExcel

  2. RE: Re: How to deploy a servlet on WebLogic 6.1

    Yes... the compiled class is in the WEB-INF\classes\export (just as the JspView
    is in the WEB-INF\classes\view folder).

    "Deepak Vohra" wrote:

    >Is the ExportExcel servlet in the DefaultWebApp/WEB-INF/classes/export
    >directory?
    >

    >Brian Schneider wrote:
    >>I am getting the same problem... but with my package defined. The weird
    >>thing is the JspView works fine but the ExcelExport does not, even though
    >>(to me) they are configured the same. Here's the details of my web.xml.
    >>

    >> JspView
    >> view.JspView
    >>

    >> ExportExcel
    >> export.ExportExcel
    >>

    >> JspView
    >> /servlet/view.JspView
    >>

    >> ExportExcel
    >> /servlet/export.ExportExcel

  3. RE: Re: How to deploy a servlet on WebLogic 6.1

    Brian Schneider wrote:
    >I am getting the same problem... but with my package defined. The weird
    >thing is the JspView works fine but the ExcelExport does not, even though
    >(to me) they are configured the same. Here's the details of my web.xml.
    >

    > JspView
    > view.JspView
    >

    > ExportExcel
    > export.ExportExcel
    >

    > JspView
    > /servlet/view.JspView
    >

    > ExportExcel
    > /servlet/export.ExportExcel

  4. RE: Re: How to deploy a servlet on WebLogic 6.1

    From: "Brian Schneider"
    Sender: "Brian Schneider"
    Subject: RE: Re: How to deploy a servlet on WebLogic 6.1
    Newsgroups: weblogic.developer.interest.servlet
    Date: 14 Aug 2003 08:15:48 -0700

    Does it matter if the ExcelExport has inner classes (i.e. when compiled, 3 class
    files exist)? The JspView is only one class.

    "Brian Schneider" wrote:

    >Yes... the compiled class is in the WEB-INF\classes\export (just as the
    >JspView
    >is in the WEB-INF\classes\view folder).
    >

    >"Deepak Vohra" wrote:
    >>
    >>Is the ExportExcel servlet in the DefaultWebApp/WEB-INF/classes/export
    >>directory?
    >>

    >>Brian Schneider wrote:
    >>>I am getting the same problem... but with my package defined. The

    >weird
    >>>thing is the JspView works fine but the ExcelExport does not, even

    >though
    >>>(to me) they are configured the same. Here's the details of my web.xml.
    >>>

    >>> JspView
    >>> view.JspView
    >>>

    >>> ExportExcel
    >>> export.ExportExcel
    >>>

    >>> JspView
    >>> /servlet/view.JspView
    >>>

    >>> ExportExcel
    >>> /servlet/export.ExportExcel

  5. RE: Re: How to deploy a servlet on WebLogic 6.1

    If a servlet as inner classes, the inner classes are loaded by a different classloader
    than the Servlet class. For the servlet class to acces the inner classes make
    the inner classes public.

    "Brian Schneider" wrote:

    >Does it matter if the ExcelExport has inner classes (i.e. when compiled,
    >3 class
    >files exist)? The JspView is only one class.
    >
    >"Brian Schneider" wrote:
    >>
    >>Yes... the compiled class is in the WEB-INF\classes\export (just as

    >the
    >>JspView
    >>is in the WEB-INF\classes\view folder).
    >>

    >>"Deepak Vohra" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Is the ExportExcel servlet in the DefaultWebApp/WEB-INF/classes/export
    >>>directory?

    >>weird

    >>though

  6. RE: Re: How to deploy a servlet on WebLogic 6.1

    Makes sense. I made those public and for some reason it still is doing the same
    thing Thanks again. Anything else would be great.

    "Deepak Vohra" wrote:

    >If a servlet as inner classes, the inner classes are loaded by a different
    >classloader
    >than the Servlet class. For the servlet class to acces the inner classes
    >make
    >the inner classes public.
    >

    >"Brian Schneider" wrote:
    >>
    >>Does it matter if the ExcelExport has inner classes (i.e. when compiled,
    >>3 class
    >>files exist)? The JspView is only one class.
    >>
    >>"Brian Schneider" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Yes... the compiled class is in the WEB-INF\classes\export (just as

    >>the
    >>>JspView
    >>>is in the WEB-INF\classes\view folder).

    >>>weird
    >>>though

  7. RE: Re: How to deploy a servlet on WebLogic 6.1

    Do you think it would work if I broke out the inner classes into their own .java
    files and compiled them separately as part of the same package? I think I tried
    something similar, but wasn't sure if they needed to be specified in the web.xml
    file somehow as "helper" classes.

    "Brian Schneider" wrote:

    >Makes sense. I made those public and for some reason it still is doing
    >the same
    >thing Thanks again. Anything else would be great.
    >
    >"Deepak Vohra" wrote:
    >>
    >>If a servlet as inner classes, the inner classes are loaded by a different
    >>classloader
    >>than the Servlet class. For the servlet class to acces the inner classes
    >>make
    >>the inner classes public.
    >>

    >>"Brian Schneider" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Does it matter if the ExcelExport has inner classes (i.e. when compiled,
    >>>3 class
    >>>files exist)? The JspView is only one class.

    >>>the

    >web.xml.

  8. RE: Re: How to deploy a servlet on WebLogic 6.1

    The inner classes are located in the same directory as the servlet itself, so isn't
    that part of the classpath by default. (i.e. java classes in the same package
    in the same folder find each other just fine).

    "Deepak Vohra" wrote:

    >Add the directory containing the inner classes to the Classpath.
    >
    >thanks,
    >
    >Deepak
    >
    >"Brian Schneider" wrote:
    >>
    >>Yeah I've done that many times and redployed the war file. I even stopped
    >>and
    >>started the server each time still to no avail. Very frustrating.
    >>
    >>"Deepak Vohra" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Redeploy web application after servlet has been modified.
    >>>
    >>>http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs70/webapp/
    >>>

    >>>thanks,
    >>>
    >>>Deepak

    >doing