HttpServletResponse.sendError - Weblogic

This is a discussion on HttpServletResponse.sendError - Weblogic ; From: "Mike" Sender: "Mike" Reply-To: "Mike" Subject: HttpServletResponse.sendError Newsgroups: weblogic.developer.interest.servlet X-User-Info: 80.186.30.168 NNTP-Posting-Host: 80.186.30.168 X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 80.186.30.168 Message-ID: Date: 8 Aug 2003 13:45:04 -0700 X-Trace: newsgroups.bea.com 1060375504 80.186.30.168 (8 Aug 2003 13:45:04 -0700) X-Original-Trace: 8 Aug 2003 13:45:04 -0700, 80.186.30.168 Organization: ...

  1. HttpServletResponse.sendError

    From: "Mike"
    Sender: "Mike"
    Subject: HttpServletResponse.sendError
    Newsgroups: weblogic.developer.interest.servlet
    Date: 8 Aug 2003 13:45:04 -0700

    Hello,
    Does HttpServletResponse.sendError allways return HTML to client?
    I have a third part vendor's MVC framework that uses HttpServletResponse.sendError
    when an exception occurs. If I have browser client everytgunh is ok.
    When I have a WAP client it seems to be so that HttpServletResponse.sendError

    is not suitable because it does not return WML/UTF-8 and does not use
    error-page tags defined in Web.xml file.

    Are there any other ways to invoke errorpage defined to web.xml than HttpServletResponse.sendError
    when exception occurs? RequestDispatcher's forward is not good because it needs
    programming and I liked to use container's
    automatic errorpage calling mechanism.

    Best regards,

  2. Re: HttpServletResponse.sendError

    Mike wrote:

    > Hello,
    > Does HttpServletResponse.sendError allways return HTML to client?
    > I have a third part vendor's MVC framework that uses HttpServletResponse.sendError
    > when an exception occurs. If I have browser client everytgunh is ok.
    > When I have a WAP client it seems to be so that HttpServletResponse.sendError
    >
    > is not suitable because it does not return WML/UTF-8 and does not use
    > error-page tags defined in Web.xml file.
    >
    > Are there any other ways to invoke errorpage defined to web.xml than HttpServletResponse.sendError
    > when exception occurs? RequestDispatcher's forward is not good because it needs
    > programming and I liked to use container's
    > automatic errorpage calling mechanism.
    >
    > Best regards,

    Can't this be solved by adding an element to web.xml?

    404
    /errorWAP404.jsp

    Did i miss something?
    --