The issue detailed below is for one of our customers that runs on weblogic 5.1
sp11.

I see a number of such exceptions when the iplanet webservers stop responding
in the weblogic logs. We use NSAPI to talk to iplanet webservers. We also run
vignette so have both
the weblogic and vignette plugins on the webtier. Is it safe to use both plugins
together? on this version of weblogic. If anyone can please throw some light on
the following exception that happens intermittently and then continuosly during
a site outage, I would really appreciate.

java.lang.RuntimeException: IOException occured
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Throwable.(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Exception.(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.RuntimeException.(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletOutputStreamImpl. write(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WLOutputStreamWriter.flu shBuffer(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WLOutputStreamWriter.wri te(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WLOutputStreamWriter.wri te(Compiled Code)
at java.io.Writer.write(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspWriterImpl.print(Compiled Code)
at
examples.jsp.tagext.sql._bb._includes._errors.__ul timate_server_error._jspService(Compil
ed Code)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeSe rvlet(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.in clude(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.in clude(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.PageContextImpl.include(Compi led Code)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.PageContextImpl.handlePageExc eption(Compiled Code)
at examples.jsp.tagext.sql._bb._includes._errors.__se rver._jspService(Compiled

Code)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeSe rvlet(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.in clude(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.in clude(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.PageContextImpl.include(Compi led Code)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.PageContextImpl.handlePageExc eption(Compiled Code)
at
examples.jsp.tagext.sql._bb._search.__Store_Search _Results._jspService(Compiled

Code)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeSe rvlet(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.fo rward(Compiled Code)
at examples.jsp.tagext.sql._vgn._jsp.__controller._js pService(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeSe rvlet(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invok eServlet(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invok eServlet(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.in vokeServlet(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(Co mpiled Code)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(Compiled Code)

Thanks much

regards
Madhuri