servlet forward to another server - Weblogic

This is a discussion on servlet forward to another server - Weblogic ; From a servlet I need to forward to another servlet running on another server. I don't want to redirect because I need to hide the second servlet's URL from the user. Any ideas?...

  1. servlet forward to another server

    From a servlet I need to forward to another servlet running on another server.
    I don't want to redirect because I need to hide the second servlet's URL from
    the user. Any ideas?

  2. Re: servlet forward to another server

    Request Dispatcher forwards a request only to a url on the same server.

    ServletContext sc = getServletConfig().getServletContext();
    RequestDispatcher rd = sc.getRequestDispatcher(String path);
    rd.forward(ServletRequest request,
    ServletResponse response);

    "James Snook" wrote:

    >From a servlet I need to forward to another servlet running on another
    >server.
    > I don't want to redirect because I need to hide the second servlet's
    >URL from
    >the user. Any ideas?

  3. Re: servlet forward to another server

    > From a servlet I need to forward to another servlet running on another
    server.
    > I don't want to redirect because I need to hide the second servlet's URL

    from
    > the user. Any ideas?

    Use the URL class to "grab" the results from the other server, then pipe
    them to the request output stream.

    Peace,

    Cameron Purdy
    Tangosol, Inc.
    http://www.tangosol.com/coherence.jsp
    Tangosol Coherence: Clustered Replicated Cache for Weblogic

    "James Snook" wrote in message

+ Reply to Thread