How to Invalidate Other Session?? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on How to Invalidate Other Session?? - Weblogic ; Hi All I have Requirement in which a User Logins in two different Places.The Second Machine where he logins get a message whether he would like to invalidate the session in the First Machine.If he says yes,then we have to ...

  1. How to Invalidate Other Session??

    Hi All

    I have Requirement in which a User Logins in two different Places.The
    Second Machine where he logins get a message whether he would like to
    invalidate the session in the First Machine.If he says yes,then we have to
    invalidate that session.At this time i have the sessionID,so how can i get
    back the session Object that is associated with this sessionID and then
    invalidate it.I see no where the session object takes session id.

    Any help in this is deeply appreciated.

    suresh

  2. Re: How to Invalidate Other Session??

    > I have Requirement in which a User Logins in two different Places.The
    > Second Machine where he logins get a message whether he would like to
    > invalidate the session in the First Machine.If he says yes,then we have to
    > invalidate that session.At this time i have the sessionID,so how can i get
    > back the session Object that is associated with this sessionID and then
    > invalidate it.I see no where the session object takes session id.

    There is not a standard way to do this.

    On a single server (no clustering) you can keep a list of logged in users
    corresponding to sessions by tracking session creation (using a filter, for
    example, and checking session=getSession(false) != null and session.isNew is
    true). Then you know if a user is already logged in for example. The same
    filter can throw an exception if the "old login" session comes back after a
    user logs in from a different session.

    Peace,

    Cameron Purdy
    Tangosol, Inc.
    http://www.tangosol.com/coherence.jsp
    Tangosol Coherence: Clustered Replicated Cache for Weblogic

    "Suresh Athmakuri" wrote in message

+ Reply to Thread