Filter request wrapper ClassCastException - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Filter request wrapper ClassCastException - Weblogic ; Hi all: I want to implement a filter that process the servlet request, then I was implement a filter and a class that extend the HttpServletRequestWrapper class. The problem is that when I class the doFilter method with my new ...

  1. Filter request wrapper ClassCastException

    Hi all:

    I want to implement a filter that process the servlet request, then I was implement
    a filter and a class that extend the HttpServletRequestWrapper class. The problem
    is that when I class the doFilter method with my new class the server throw java.langClassCastException.

    I don't know if I'm doing something wrong because there's a lot of references
    and examples to wrap the response but not so many to wrap the request.

    I simplify the code to test what's the problem and this is my wrapper class and
    the relevant servlet code.

    // Wrapper class
    public class CompressionServletRequestWrapper extends HttpServletRequestWrapper
    {

    public CompressionServletRequestWrapper(HttpServletReques t request) throws
    IOException{
    super(request);
    }

    }

    // Filter servlet
    CompressionServletRequestWrapper wrappedRequest =null;
    boolean entradaComprimida=false;
    wrappedRequest=new CompressionServletRequestWrapper( httpRequest);
    chain.doFilter(wrappedRequest, response);

    Best Regards

    Miguel Angel

  2. Re: Filter request wrapper ClassCastException

    I bet your consumer is a JSP, eh? I hear the wrappers work going to a
    Servlet but not to a JSP (that gets turned into a Servlet when compiled...).
    I tried a sample I found for the Response wrapper from a compression filter

    This looks like it will do what you want to do....
    http://www.orionserver.com/tutorials...ZIPFilter.html

    I want to make a filter that allows me to set/modify a Request Header (not a
    Request Attribute nor a Response Header) and ran into the same issue, lots
    of people saying "Use the HttpServletRequestWrapper" and "look at the
    specs"; but no one with a code sample that actually WORKS!!!

    Doris Chen from Sun just sent me this link to one of her code camps:
    http://developer.java.sun.com/develo...n1/dchen1.html

    and suggests Mary Hall's book "More Servlets and JavaServer Pages" (and the
    filters section in Servlets2.3 spec too - figures...)

    I haven't checked out the code camp nor the book yet. Post back if you
    figure this out.

    Thanks,

    --
    Michael J. Geiser