global servlet filters: possible? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on global servlet filters: possible? - Weblogic ; Hi all, Subject says it all. Is it possible to have global servlet filters in WLS 7 or 8.1? The docs say you register each filter in the app's "web.xml" file. I want a filter that will fire every time ...

  1. global servlet filters: possible?

    Hi all,
    Subject says it all. Is it possible to have global servlet filters in WLS 7
    or 8.1?
    The docs say you register each filter in the app's "web.xml" file.
    I want a filter that will fire every time any JSP page on the server is hit
    (regardless of which application the JSP belongs to).
    Is it possible to do this?
    Thanks,

  2. Re: global servlet filters: possible?

    > Subject says it all. Is it possible to have global servlet filters in WLS
    7
    > or 8.1?
    > The docs say you register each filter in the app's "web.xml" file.
    > I want a filter that will fire every time any JSP page on the server is

    hit
    > (regardless of which application the JSP belongs to).
    > Is it possible to do this?

    Not a simple / standard / portable way.

    Peace,

    Cameron Purdy
    Tangosol, Inc.
    http://www.tangosol.com/coherence.jsp
    Tangosol Coherence: Clustered Replicated Cache for Weblogic

    "Michael R. Clements" wrote in message

+ Reply to Thread