Re: Forcing End Of Sessions - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Re: Forcing End Of Sessions - Weblogic ; But Iam not getting how can u do that.. I was wondering how can u get the reference to the session object of an other user...pls explain me... Thanks Perianayagam.T "Jim Donnelly" wrote: > >Hi, > >I am attempting to ...

  1. Re: Forcing End Of Sessions

    "Jim Donnelly" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am attempting to implement Session management functionality that will
    >allow
    >Administrators to view and if necessary end a User's or a given set of
    >Users HTTP
    >Sessions forcing them to re-logon. I am considering using HttpSession.invalidate()
    >to end the sessions. This is fine so long as the user is not in the middle
    >of
    >a request but if in the middle of a request I am concerned that it will
    >cause
    >some nasty errors.
    >
    >Is there a better way of safely ending sessions and if a session is invalidated
    >mid request will this end the request?
    >
    >Thanks in advance for any info or suggestions.
    >
    >Jim

  2. Re: Forcing End Of Sessions

    Hi,

    I am just adding the session to a map as each user logs on. It is automatically
    removed as the user's session ends using a HttpSessionBindingListener.valueUnbound().

    Regards,

    Jim

    "Perianayagam.T" wrote:

    >But Iam not getting how can u do that..
    >I was wondering how can u get the reference to the session object of
    >an other
    >user...pls explain me...
    >
    >Thanks
    >Perianayagam.T
    >
    >"Jim Donnelly" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I am attempting to implement Session management functionality that will
    >>allow
    >>Administrators to view and if necessary end a User's or a given set

    >of
    >>Users HTTP
    >>Sessions forcing them to re-logon. I am considering using HttpSession.invalidate()
    >>to end the sessions. This is fine so long as the user is not in the

    >middle
    >>of
    >>a request but if in the middle of a request I am concerned that it will
    >>cause
    >>some nasty errors.
    >>
    >>Is there a better way of safely ending sessions and if a session is

    >invalidated
    >>mid request will this end the request?
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance for any info or suggestions.
    >>
    >>Jim

+ Reply to Thread