war, weblogic 8.1 and few security realm's - Weblogic

This is a discussion on war, weblogic 8.1 and few security realm's - Weblogic ; hello guys. please help me. where am I wrong? in weblogic 8.1 server we have default security realm called myrealm . I created user user123 with password in this realm and deployed simple web application (WAR) with basic authorisation. in ...

  1. war, weblogic 8.1 and few security realm's

    hello guys.

    please help me. where am I wrong?

    in weblogic 8.1 server we have default security realm called myrealm. I created user user123 with password in this realm and deployed simple web application (WAR) with basic authorisation. in web.xml of this application I have:
    [pre]

    myrealm

    [/pre]
    and tried this application.
    everything works perfectly well.

    then I decided to create new (second) security realm superx. I decided that I will keep all users for my web application in this new realm.
    so, now we have myrealm (as default), and superx. I removed user from myrealm and added to superx. modified web.xml of my web application:
    [pre]

    superx

    [/pre]
    and tried this application.
    it doesn't work now! why?!

    now, I set my superx as default realm, so myrealm is not default now. tried application once again, and it works!!!

    what's the problem?
    it looks like that my realm-name from web.xml is absolutely ignored, and my web application can "see" only default realm.

    what I am doing wrong?

    thanks!

  2. Re: war, weblogic 8.1 and few security realm's

    Hello,

    Have you configured an Authentication provider, an Authorization provider, an Adjudication provider, a Credential Mapping provider, and a Role Mapping provider for the new realm.... as given in ...

    http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs90/sec...m.html#1188256

    After creating new realm, use testing tab to check if it has been configured properly.

    Kuldeep Singh.

+ Reply to Thread