jaas with wlclient.jar returns no principals - Weblogic

This is a discussion on jaas with wlclient.jar returns no principals - Weblogic ; We are developing a j2ee app using tomcat for the web container and weblogic for the ejb container. We are using jaas for authentication with weblogic. When our war is deployed on tomcat, using the wlclient.jar, the jaas authentication returns ...

  1. jaas with wlclient.jar returns no principals

    We are developing a j2ee app using tomcat for the web container and weblogic for the ejb container.
    We are using jaas for authentication with weblogic.
    When our war is deployed on tomcat, using the wlclient.jar, the jaas authentication returns no principals with the subject. When we deploy our war on weblogic (or test a jaas client using weblogic.jar), the jaas authentication returns principlas.

    What can we do to make the jaas authentication with a war deployed on tomcat work with weblogic?

    Using WLClient.jar:
    Subject is: Subject:
    Private Credential: weblogic.security.auth.login.PasswordCredential@16 bd8ea
    Private Credential: SubjectProxy[23994289]

    Size of Principals: 0
    Principals:

    Using Weblogic.jar:
    Subject is: Subject:
    Principal: mjLDAP
    Private Credential: weblogic.security.auth.login.PasswordCredential@27 3686
    Private Credential: weblogic.security.auth.login.PasswordCredential@6c af16

    Size of Principals: 1
    Principals:
    mjLDAP

  2. Re: jaas with wlclient.jar returns no principals

    Like in the bea jaas example,
    we are using jaas for authentication and Security.runAs(subject, action) on the web, and we have access to our EJB methods restricted by role :

    user

    user

    ServiceBroker
    *

    this works fine when the war is deployed on weblogic.
    When our war is deployed on tomcat, using the wlclient.jar, I get the following exception:

    java.rmi.AccessException: CORBA NO_PERMISSION 0 Maybe; nested exception is: org.omg.CORBA.NO_PERMISSION: vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: Maybe

+ Reply to Thread