Setting destination after Authentication? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Setting destination after Authentication? - Weblogic ; Group, Trying to send all my authenticated users to a single start page after login. Previously (before 8.0sp3) accomplished this by extending AuthFilter and setting TARGET_URL to a defined location (over writting WL's choice). Now I always get sent to ...

  1. Setting destination after Authentication?

    Group,
    Trying to send all my authenticated users to a single start page after
    login.
    Previously (before 8.0sp3) accomplished this by extending AuthFilter
    and setting TARGET_URL to a defined location (over writting WL's
    choice). Now I always get sent to the page that prompted
    authentication.
    Example:
    previously
    a.jsp -> login.jsp -> start.jsp
    b.jsp -> login.jsp -> start.jsp
    login.jsp -> login.jsp -> start.jsp

    now
    a.jsp -> login.jsp -> a.jsp
    b.jsp -> login.jsp -> b.jsp
    login.jsp -> login.jsp -> login.jsp

    I'm also seeing "weblogic.formauth.targeturi" in the request. Anyone
    have any clue as to what that is used for? The weblogic site nor
    google has any info about it.

    Thanks,
    Eric.

  2. Re: Setting destination after Authentication?

    Appears that j_security_check is using a new key,
    "weblogic.formauth.targeturi" (URI), instead of
    "weblogic.formauth.targeturl" (URL) , AKA AuthFilter.TARGET_URL, for
    where to send the user after successful authentication.

+ Reply to Thread