SSL Connectivity - Weblogic

This is a discussion on SSL Connectivity - Weblogic ; I am trying to connect a UDS System from a Weblogic 7.0 sp1 server. My application is deployed as an ear file and when I try to open a SSL connection I am getting the following exception. javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: FATAL Alert:HANDSHAKE_FAILURE ...

  1. SSL Connectivity

    I am trying to connect a UDS System from a Weblogic 7.0 sp1 server. My application is deployed as an ear file and when I try to open a SSL connection I am getting the following exception.

    javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: FATAL Alert:HANDSHAKE_FAILURE - The handshake handler was unable to negotiate an acceptable set of security parameters.

    The program is running normal from a command prompt.

    Hoping somebody have idea about this problem and suggest how to resolve it?

  2. Re: SSL Connectivity

    This error could be caused by the server and the client not being able to agree on a common ciphersuite. Try turning ssl debug on, this might provide more info:
    -Dssl.debug=true -Dweblogic.StdoutDebugEnabled=true

    The set of ciphersuites that can be used by ssl on server is affected by the server ssl configuration, or the ssl license strength - export/domestic.
    See http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs70/sec...s.html#1058675

    Pavel.

  3. Re: SSL Connectivity

    Pavel, iam getting the same type of inconsistent behavior and the exception is the following:

    do u have any ideas ?

    FATAL Alert:HANDSHAKE_FAILURE - The handshake handler was unable to negotiate an acceptable set of security parameters.>
    com.bea.b2b.transport.TransportException: [WLI-B2B HTTP Transport:463547]HTTP send failed: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: FATA
    L Alert:HANDSHAKE_FAILURE - The handshake handler was unable to negotiate an acceptable set of security parameters.
    at com.bea.b2b.transport.http.HttpEndPoint.send(HttpE ndPoint.java:257)
    at com.bea.b2b.protocol.rosettanet.rnif1x.RNEncoder.p rocess(RNEncoder.java:88)
    at com.bea.b2b.protocol.ModuleChain.process(ModuleCha in.java:64)
    at com.bea.b2b.protocol.Protocol.encode(Protocol.java :632)
    at com.bea.b2b.protocol.rosettanet.RNIBProtocol.send( RNIBProtocol.java:68)
    at com.bea.b2b.protocol.rosettanet.rnif1x.messaging.R NMessage.send(RNMessage.java:451)
    at com.bea.b2b.protocol.rosettanet.messagesender.RNMe ssageSenderBean.onMessage(RNMessageSenderBean.java :138)
    at weblogic.ejb20.internal.MDListener.execute(MDListe ner.java:370)
    at weblogic.ejb20.internal.MDListener.onMessage(MDLis tener.java:262)
    at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.onMessage(JMSSessio n.java:2678)
    at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.execute(JMSSession. java:2598)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThrea d.java:219)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.ja va:178)
    Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: FATAL Alert:HANDSHAKE_FAILURE - The handshake handler was unable to negotiate an acc
    eptable set of security parameters.
    at com.certicom.tls.interfaceimpl.TLSConnectionImpl.f ireException(Unknown Source)
    at com.certicom.tls.interfaceimpl.TLSConnectionImpl.f ireAlertReceived(Unknown Source)
    at com.certicom.tls.record.alert.AlertHandler.handle( AlertHandler.java:194)
    at com.certicom.tls.record.alert.AlertHandler.handleA lertMessages(AlertHandler.java:162)
    at com.certicom.tls.record.ReadHandler.interpretConte nt(Unknown Source)
    at com.certicom.tls.record.ReadHandler.readRecord(Unk nown Source)
    at com.certicom.tls.record.ReadHandler.readUntilHands hakeComplete(Unknown Source)
    at com.certicom.tls.interfaceimpl.TLSConnectionImpl.c ompleteHandshake(Unknown Source)
    at com.certicom.tls.record.WriteHandler.write(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedO utputStream.java:66)
    at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputS tream.java:124)
    at java.io.FilterOutputStream.flush(FilterOutputStrea m.java:123)
    at com.bea.b2b.transport.http.HttpURLConnection.write Requests(HttpURLConnection.java:100)
    at com.bea.b2b.transport.http.HttpURLConnection.getOu tputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:177)
    at com.bea.b2b.transport.http.HttpEndPoint.send(HttpE ndPoint.java:164)
    ... 12 more

+ Reply to Thread