I have been unsuccesful trying to get LDAP working with my installation
(wl8.1 sp2, w2k). I finally loaded a sniffer and captured packets going to
the LDAP server to see what was being sent and I think I have found my
problem. There is some filter entry that it; WL, does not like and it
generates an error message BUT, WL doesn't error out it just inserts the
error message as the filter string in the LDAP request packet; which of
course doesn't work. How can I find out what filter it doesn't like? This is
on the LDAP request packet NOT the reply packet so I know its coming from
the WL server...