Additional field in login form - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Additional field in login form - Weblogic ; I have a problem with customer authentication provider. I have successfully configured the SimplaSampleAuthentication provider in my realm. I have a form-based authentication with three parameters username, password and myParameterString (SSN etc..). My problem is passing the third parameter from ...

  1. Additional field in login form

    I have a problem with customer authentication provider.
    I have successfully configured the SimplaSampleAuthentication provider
    in my realm.
    I have a form-based authentication with three parameters username, password and myParameterString (SSN etc..).
    My problem is passing the third parameter from LOGIN-FORM to my class
    which implements LoginModule.
    The weblogic default callbackHandler (in the loginModule initialize method) reads only username and password, it's right?
    If i write my callbackHandler server side in loginModule implementation,
    how can i read the username, password and
    myparameter for setting NameCallback, PasswordCallback and TextInputCallback?
    What can i do?
    Anyone can help me?

  2. Re: Additional field in login form

    Now it work!

  3. Re: Additional field in login form

    Hello. We have the same problem of passing a third parameter -terminal id- and we couldn't do it. How could you do that?
    We chose a workaround of passing terminal id parameter concatenated with userid. For examle, userid= ahmet@terminal01 password:xxxx

  4. Re: Additional field in login form

    at location
    http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs81/sec...s.html#1055570

    you can read "..
    When used, there should be one TextInputCallback per additional form field, and the prompt string of each TextInputCallback must match the field name in the form. WebLogic Server only uses the TextInputCallback for form-based Web application login. " I have my TextInputCallback in method getCallbacks() of SimpleSampleLoginModuleImpl.java

    callbacks[2] = new TextInputCallback("j_app");
    and i have a field named "j_app" in login.jsp

+ Reply to Thread